[comp.sources.wanted] requests for troff

dlp@akguc.ATT.COM (Dan Philen) (11/30/88)

this reply because I have difficulty with mail to some of you.

I had requested the source for printer drivers for dot matrix printers,
having already gotten the code for troff, eqn, etc.  Many have asked
if they could get a copy of the source.

Unfortunately, the code is AT&T proprietary, and I am not able
to release it to those outside the company.  This was the agreement
I made when I first got it.  I am sorry in not being able to help
those requesting it, but I can't see risking my job over such a thing.
I'm sure you can understand.

I understand that troff is available commercially for about $600
in a package call "eroff", I think.  I forgot the name  of the company
that sells it, but I sure someone on the net will supply it after reading
this message.  If you have a good business application, then it is
probably worth looking into.  I understand it it a good package.

Dan Philen  akatt!akguc!dlp

jlo@elan.UUCP (Jeff Lo) (12/01/88)

In article <9532@akguc.ATT.COM> dlp@akguc.ATT.COM (Dan Philen) writes:
>I understand that troff is available commercially for about $600
>in a package call "eroff", I think.  I forgot the name  of the company
>that sells it, but I sure someone on the net will supply it after reading
>this message.  If you have a good business application, then it is
>probably worth looking into.  I understand it it a good package.
>
>Dan Philen  akatt!akguc!dlp

Elan Computer Group, Inc. sells a package called EROFF which is the AT&T
Documenter's WorkBench (DWB), including device independent troff,
nroff, tbl, eqn, pic, grap, macros, etc., plus bug fixes and
enhancements including bitmap graphics inclusion, printer code (including
PostScript) inclusion, and drivers for the HP LaserJet line of printers
and PostScript printers (an Imagen driver is also available). Automatic
HP Soft Font downloading is done for the LaserJets. Downloadable Adobe
PostScript fonts may also be used.

DWB and the printer drivers are also available separately. All of this is
available on dozens of different UNIX machines and under MS-DOS.

There is also a $99 nroff-only package available for MS-DOS.

Our soft copy screen previewer EVIEW is available for Suns under SunView,
many systems under X-Windows V10.R4, and support for X11 is in progress.
All of DWB 2.0 and EROFF's enhancements are supported by EVIEW.

Please write or call for more information.

				Jeff Lo
				Elan Computer Group, Inc.
				410 Cambridge Avenue, Suite A
				Palo Alto, CA 94306