[comp.sources.wanted] Want Unix program to create Mac Stuffit files.

dshanks@ogccse.ogc.edu (Dave Shanks) (12/03/88)

I'm looking for a program that can CREATE Macintosh Stuffit files on a Unix
system.  I already have the program unsit which can unpack Stuffit files.
Thanks.
--
Dave Shanks			cds@atelabs.UUCP
AT&E Laboratories		..!tektronix!tessi!atelabs!cds

dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) (12/05/88)

In article <1896@ogccse.ogc.edu> cds@atelabs.UUCP (Dave Shanks) writes:
>I'm looking for a program that can CREATE Macintosh Stuffit files on a Unix
>system.  I already have the program unsit which can unpack Stuffit files.

  Me TOO!!  If anyone has such a thing please let Dave and I know about it.

  {BTW:  I don't know Dave, but I Thank him for making this request.  I
   thought I was the only one who wanted such a thing.}
--
David M. O'Rourke                                  dorourke@polyslo.calpoly.edu

"If it doesn't do Windows, then it's not a computer!!!"
Disclaimer: I don't represent the school.  All opinions are mine!

lauac@aphrodite.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) (12/06/88)

In article <6417@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU> dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) writes:
>In article <1896@ogccse.ogc.edu> cds@atelabs.UUCP (Dave Shanks) writes:
>>I'm looking for a program that can CREATE Macintosh Stuffit files on a Unix
>>system.  I already have the program unsit which can unpack Stuffit files.
>
>  Me TOO!!  If anyone has such a thing please let Dave and I know about it.
>
>  {BTW:  I don't know Dave, but I Thank him for making this request.  I
>   thought I was the only one who wanted such a thing.}
>--
>David M. O'Rourke                                  dorourke@polyslo.calpoly.edu

Count me in as well!

People named Dave aren't the only people that need Stuffit archives!

This is a list of the features I need:
-	creates Stuffit archives from Macbinary format files
-	creates Stuffit archives from split files (.data, .info, .rsrc)
-	splits Stuffit archives from Macbinary format to split format,
	without losing compression

Thanks to anyone who can find (or even write!) this useful utility!

--- Alex
{ihnp4,backbones}!ucbvax!qal.berkeley.edu!lauac

twb@halley.UUCP (Tom Bereiter) (12/07/88)

In article <1896@ogccse.ogc.edu> cds@atelabs.UUCP (Dave Shanks) writes:

>I'm looking for a program that can CREATE Macintosh Stuffit files on a Unix
>system.  I already have the program unsit which can unpack Stuffit files.
>Thanks.
I posted some source to just such a utility to comp.sources.mac--watch
for it there.

--Tom Bereiter
  ..!{rutgers,ames}!cs.utexas.edu!halley!rolex!twb