[comp.sources.wanted] Convert MM/DD/YY HH:MM to long??

sas@bcd-dyn.UUCP (432 2370.00) (12/07/88)

I'm looking for a function to convert a "broken down" time (ie, day, month,
year, hour, min format) to a long compatible with the time function call.
Does anyone have such a beast?  Thanks.  -Scott

Scott A. Sharkey                               UUCP: osu-cis!bcd-dyn!sas
I-LAN, Inc.                                    USPS: 640 Lakeview Plaza Bvld.
(614) 436-7651                                 Who?  Me? I just work here!

josef@ugun21.UUCP (12/09/88)

>I'm looking for a function to convert a "broken down" time (ie, day, month,
>year, hour, min format) to a long compatible with the time function call.
>Does anyone have such a beast?  Thanks.  -Scott

I would be interested as well, so why not post it??

		Josef Moellers

	paper mail:			e-mail:
c/o Nixdorf Computer AG		USA:  uunet!linus!nixbur!nixpbe!mollers.pad
Abt. EG-3			!USA: mcvax!unido!nixpbe!mollers.pad
Unterer Frankfurter Weg
D-4790 Paderborn
tel.: (+49) 5251 104691

Standard disclaimer: Blablabla opinion blablabla employer blablabla!

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (12/14/88)

In article <17800003@ugun21>, josef@ugun21 writes:
>>I'm looking for a function to convert a "broken down" time (ie, day, month,
>>year, hour, min format) to a long compatible with the time function call.
>>Does anyone have such a beast?  Thanks.  -Scott
>
>I would be interested as well...

If you're running B News 2.10 or 2.11 (as opposed to Notefiles or C
News or whatever), you already have what you're looking for.

In your B News source, you should find ``getdate.y'', which (after
being yacc'ed and compiled) takes a character pointer and converts it
to a long, suitable for use with ctime(3), etc.  It understand various
input formats.  There's even a manual page provided (``getdate.3'')

	...tad
--
Tad Guy         <tadguy@cs.odu.edu>     Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA