[comp.sources.wanted] NBS Encryption/Decryption Pacakge for IBM MVS or VM

DEBULA-R@OSU-20.IRCC.OHIO-STATE.EDU (debula) (12/16/88)

Does anyone out there in NetLand know of a Public Domain (or inexpensive)
DES (Encryption/Decryption) package which adheres to NBS standards?  We
need a version for MVS & VM, but MVS is definitely the more critical of the
two (we have tried to port a UNIX DES package written in C over to IBM C
with no luck -- not surprising really).  Any help pointing me in the right
direction would be greatly appreciated.

bill@cosi.UUCP (Bill Michaelson) (12/19/88)

In article <12454685712024@OSU-20.IRCC.OHIO-STATE.EDU>, DEBULA-R@OSU-20.IRCC.OHIO-STATE.EDU (debula) writes:
> Does anyone out there in NetLand know of a Public Domain (or inexpensive)
> DES (Encryption/Decryption) package which adheres to NBS standards?  We
> need a version for MVS & VM, but MVS is definitely the more critical of the
> two (we have tried to port a UNIX DES package written in C over to IBM C

I may be mistaken about this, but I believe that the NBS standard related
to DES says that it must be implemented in LSI chips.  That is, if it is
"standard" it ain't just software.  Why do you require somehting that is
"standard"?

Bring on the flames!  I love 'em!

--
Bill Michaelson - uh... princeton!mccc!cosi!bill, I think.
also at... Voice 609-771-6705  CompuServe 72416,1026