[comp.sources.wanted] frequency/crosstab software?

dave@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (David A Rasmussen) (01/20/89)

I am looking for some possibly simple and possibly public domain software
to do frequency and crosstab analysis for a client of mine, who is running
on a AT&T 3B2 V2.0, although they probably have some pc's laying around.

I have this SPSSX/Tables book sitting here that seems like it would do the
trick, but I don't know about prices and it's not pd.

Any info appreciated. I've done some messing around with Unixstat.

--
Dave Rasmussen c/o Computing Services Division @ U of WI - Milwaukee
Internet: dave@csd4.milw.wisc.edu  Uucp: uwvax!uwmcsd1!uwmcsd4!dave {o,o}

perlman@capybara.cis.ohio-state.edu (Gary Perlman) (01/21/89)

In article <488@csd4.milw.wisc.edu> dave@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (David A Rasmussen) writes:
>I am looking for some possibly simple and possibly public domain software
>to do frequency and crosstab analysis for a client of mine, who is running
>on a AT&T 3B2 V2.0, although they probably have some pc's laying around.
>
>I have this SPSSX/Tables book sitting here that seems like it would do the
>trick, but I don't know about prices and it's not pd.
>
>Any info appreciated. I've done some messing around with Unixstat.

                                                          ^^^^^^^^
                                                Please dont use that name.
                                                Unix is a registered trademark
                                                of AT&T, and I do not want any
                                                one to think that my |STAT
                                                package is part of the UNIX
                                                operating system.

|STAT has a contingency table program, contab, that does cross-tabs
with chi-square and a couple of other measures of association.  It runs
on any UNIX system with a C compiler, or on PC's.  You can get contab
as part of |STAT, which costs $15 for PC's or $20 for UNIX tar tape.
-=-
Gary Perlman                   Department of Computer and Information Science
perlman@cis.ohio-state.edu     The Ohio State University
614-292-2566                   2036 Neil Avenue Mall
                               Columbus, OH 43210-1277

blss@bach.Berkeley.EDU (BLSS Statistical Software) (01/24/89)

In article <488@csd4.milw.wisc.edu> dave@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (David A Rasmussen) writes:

>	I am looking for some possibly simple and possibly public domain
>	software  to do frequency and crosstab analysis ...

BLSS provides a "freq" command which does frequency distributions, and an
"xtab" command which does cross-tabulation.  Both commands give frequencies,
counts, cumulatives, etc.; both provide for grouping of categories according
to various criteria; "xtab" gives a chi-square statistic for the hypothesis
of independence and notes which cells give large contributions to it.

BLSS runs on UNIX systems, both BSD & System V.  It is not public domain,
but it's quite inexpensive compared to commercial software.  More info is
available from us at:

BLSS Project                            blss@bach.berkeley.edu  (INTERNET)
Department of Statistics                blss@ucbbach            (BITNET)
University of California                ucbvax!bach!blss        (UUCP)
Berkeley, CA  94720                     415-642-5258