[comp.sources.wanted] cscope ?

linda@sts.sts.com (02/11/89)

Wanted information on C utility "cscope".  Searches and creates an index on
C structures.  Have experimented with "ctags" but this program only creates
an index on routine names and typedefs.  Note the typedefs option does not
catch all uses of typedef, and does not create a cross reference for global
variables.

Linda Bogdanoff              | UUCP: ...!{claris,sun}!sts!linda
Semiconductor Test Solutions | phones: (408) 727-2885 (work)
4101 Burton Dr.
Santa Clara, CA  95054

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (02/13/89)

In article <7900001@sts> linda@sts.sts.com writes:

>Wanted information on C utility "cscope".  Searches and creates an index on
>C structures.  Have experimented with "ctags" but this program only creates
>an index on routine names and typedefs.  Note the typedefs option does not
>catch all uses of typedef, and does not create a cross reference for global
>variables.

It's not free available, as far as I know, but included in AT&T's
toolchest and standard included in AT&T's System V.3.2.

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######