[comp.sources.wanted] Patch 2.0 query

jhc@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (03/09/89)

I've been trying to get patch 2.0 compiled on a NeXT, but have found that
Larry's Configure script doesn;t seem to run correctly.

Does anyone have a Makefile & conifig.h that they could send me, so that I
can get the beast compiled?  Anything else other than the *.[ch] and man
files would also be welcomed.  (Is a config.sh file needed??)

Thanks for any help.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.          "Entropy isn't what it used to be."
jhc@Crnlvax5.BITNET            --c/o Fortune @ batcomputer.UUCP

chari@cup.portal.com (Christopher Michael Whatley) (03/13/89)

The problem with the configure patch has to do with gnu cpp (gpp?).
Configure expects this:

#define XYZ xyz
#define ABC abc
ABC.XYZ

To come out as "abc.xyz" from cpp while gnu's cpp outputs "abc. xyz" (or
"abc .xyz", I can't remeber. So, just alter configure to accept the above.
Afterwords, patch should configure fine. If you get rn or anything else
by him, you will have to do the same thing.

Chris

carter@sloth.gatech.edu (Carter Bullard) (03/18/89)

In article <15751@cup.portal.com> chari@cup.portal.com (Christopher Michael Whatley) writes:
>The problem with the configure patch has to do with gnu cpp (gpp?).
>Configure expects this:
>
>#define XYZ xyz
>#define ABC abc
>ABC.XYZ
>
>To come out as "abc.xyz" from cpp while gnu's cpp outputs "abc. xyz" (or
>"abc .xyz", I can't remeber. So, just alter configure to accept the above.
>Afterwords, patch should configure fine. If you get rn or anything else
>by him, you will have to do the same thing.
>
>Chris

in the Configure scripts that i have seen, if the cpp doesn't work, it
asks you for a command line that does.  here you can reply:
   cc -E -traditional
and it will work fine.

carter

Carter Bullard
School of Information & Computer Science, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
uucp:	...!{decvax,hplabs,ihnp4,linus,rutgers}!gatech!carter
Internet:	carter@gatech.edu