[comp.sources.wanted] CHESS, anyone??

mml@srhqla.UUCP (Michael Levin) (04/02/89)

My daughter is interested in a computer chess program, to be run on an
AT&T 3B1 (2Megs memory).  It is running Sys V rel3.51 (actually a 2.0 level).

Is there a chess program, preferably one with a curses type interface, that
somebody has ported into a Sys V environment?????

				Thankyou,

				Mike Levin

--
+----+         P L E A S E    R E S P O N D   T O:     +------+-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
+-------------------------------------------------------------+-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

ed@maven.UUCP (Ed Hand) (04/03/89)

In article <579@srhqla.UUCP>, mml@srhqla.UUCP (Michael Levin) writes:
> My daughter is interested in a computer chess program, to be run on an
> AT&T 3B1 (2Megs memory).  It is running Sys V rel3.51 (actually a 2.0 level).
>
> Is there a chess program, preferably one with a curses type interface, that
> somebody has ported into a Sys V environment?????
>

> 				Mike Levin

You can get gnuchess2 from the archive at uunet.  It has a curses interface
and works well under SYSV.

   /---\            |   ...I may be crazy...     |   Ed Hand
  ( o o )    *      |   ...But it just might be  |   Intergraph Corp.
  \  ^  /   ***     |   a lunatic your looking   | b11!maven!ed@Ingr.com
    ---\___/        |             Billy Joel     | !uunet!ingr!b11!maven!ed