[comp.sources.wanted] AVL trees in C

ajd@tigger.planet.bt.co.uk (James Dalby) (03/30/89)

Does anybody have a *good* implementation of AVL tree maintenance
routines (insert, search, delete) that I may use.

The routines must be in 'C' and form a totally self-contained module.
Ideally I would like the routines to manipulate character strings though I can
suffer some different datum type (I will modify).

If so, please contact me directly as per details below.

Thanks in advance.

James Dalby

e-mail:	ajd@planet.bt.co.uk
phone: +44 473 646736

mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett) (04/05/89)

In article <213@tigger.planet.bt.co.uk> ajd@tigger.planet.bt.co.uk (James Dalby) writes:
>Does anybody have a *good* implementation of AVL tree maintenance
>routines (insert, search, delete) that I may use.
>
>The routines must be in 'C' and form a totally self-contained module.
>Ideally I would like the routines to manipulate character strings though I can
>suffer some different datum type (I will modify).

I replied by mail, but thought I'd also follow up here.

I have a set of AVL routines that I think meets the criteria.  There
are a set of access routines which use a control block specifying
three node handler functions: create, delete, and compare.  Thus, the
package supports any sort of key and data (including none), and also
support multiple tree membership.

Send mail if you want it.

-mm-
--
Mark E. Mallett  Zinn Computer Co/ PO Box 4188/ Manchester NH/ 03103
Bus. Phone: 603 645 5069    Home: 603 424 8129     BIX: mmallett