[comp.sources.wanted] WANTED: UNIX

jim@dsinc.UUCP (Jim Roach) (04/12/89)

Greetings Netters,

I am in need of the port of the UNIX(tm) make utility to the MS-DOS(tm)
operating system.  I would like the source code, if possible.  I do not
have FTP access.  It will have to be E-mailed to me.

Please E-mail me if you have it available.  I will choose the closest
respondent to send it to me.  I will acknowledge all respondents.

Many thanks in advance.

Jim R.

--

Jim Roach, Jr.			 "Support Your Local Community Theater"
Datacomp Systems, Inc.		Voice: (215)947-9900 FAX: (215)938-0235

kiy@pte.UUCP (Kevin Young) (04/19/89)

In article <106@dsinc.UUCP> jim@dsinc.UUCP (Jim Roach) writes:
>I am in need of the port of the UNIX(tm) make utility to MS-DOS(tm)...
>--
>Jim Roach, Jr.			 "Support Your Local Community Theater"
>Datacomp Systems, Inc.		Voice: (215)947-9900 FAX: (215)938-0235
>UUCP: {allegra,rutgers!bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!jim	-or-	jim@dsinc.UUCP

If you can spend about $150 you can get Make for MS-DOS from MKS.  From
what I've read, it's fully UNIX compatible.  Ours is on order right now.
Drop a line to:
	Mortice Kern Systems Inc.
	800-265-2797
	UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!inquiry

--
>|< Kevin I Young					uunet!edsews!pte!kiy
    Precise Technology & Electronics, Inc.
    Custom Automated Test and Measurement Equipment for Industry
    Old Saying: "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - yoda

seg@smsdpg.uu.net (Scott Garfinkle) (05/04/89)

From article <1116@pte.UUCP>, by kiy@pte.UUCP (Kevin Young):
> In article <106@dsinc.UUCP> jim@dsinc.UUCP (Jim Roach) writes:
>>I am in need of the port of the UNIX(tm) make utility to MS-DOS(tm)...
>>--
>>UUCP: {allegra,rutgers!bpa,vu-vlsi}!dsinc!jim	-or-	jim@dsinc.UUCP
>
> If you can spend about $150 you can get Make for MS-DOS from MKS.  From
> what I've read, it's fully UNIX compatible.  Ours is on order right now.
>>|< Kevin I Young					uunet!edsews!pte!kiy
>     Precise Technology & Electronics, Inc.

For less money, you can Opus Make from Opus Software (a.k.a. Don Kneller).
This does a *lot* of really usefult things. It is pretty much a superset of
BSD and Gnu make, with some very handy features.  Highly recommended.  You
can reach Don at kneller@zeno.mmwb.ucsf.edu.
		Scott E. Garfinkle
		SMS Data Products Group, Inc.
		uunet!smsdpg!seg (seg@smsdpg.uu.net)