[comp.sources.wanted] Right Hand Man

michal@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Merlin The Magician) (05/08/89)

I have heard of a program called "Right Hand Man" (shareware) that has
the same purpose in life as SideKick and is suppousedly liked more
by some people. I tried simtel20.arpa, but nothing there (or maybe I have
not looked enough ?) I have also tried other ftp anonymous servers that
store MSDOS stuff but no luck. Anyone heard of it ? Anyone got it ? Any one
willing to share ... ?
-merlin
michal@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

drezac@dcscg1.UUCP (Duane L. Rezac) (05/09/89)

From article <6951@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, by michal@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Merlin The Magician):
> I have heard of a program called "Right Hand Man" (shareware) that has
> the same purpose in life as SideKick and is suppousedly liked more
> by some people. I tried simtel20.arpa, but nothing there (or maybe I have
> not looked enough ?) I have also tried other ftp anonymous servers that
> store MSDOS stuff but no luck. Anyone heard of it ? Anyone got it ? Any one
> willing to share ... ?
> -merlin
> michal@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

I have seen Right Hand Man, and it is a good package in general. I had verson     1.5??  and was satisfied with one exception.  The program has a major bug in
the calander/alarm segment. It seems that the programmer neglected to consider
leap year!!!    all of the days were off by one!!  since I wanted it for the
calander/alarm function, I have stopped using it. It is a good package, and If
you succeed in finding a version that has the calander fixed, Please drop me a
note, as I would like to have it.

another package you might look at is Homebase. It should be available from
bbs's

Duane L. Rezac

--
+-----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
| Duane L. Rezac        |These views are my own, and NOT representitive of  |

doctord@tippy.uucp (05/10/89)

The only version of Right Hand Man that I know of is not shareware
and was written for CP/M.  It may have been ported to MS-DOS since
the days of CP/M.  It only superficially resembled SideKick.
Sorry.
Dale Webb

jckfield@ihlpb.ATT.COM (Kelvin Fielding) (05/10/89)

In article <488@dcscg1.UUCP>, drezac@dcscg1.UUCP (Duane L. Rezac) writes:
> From article <6951@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, by michal@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Merlin The Magician):
> > I have heard of a program called "Right Hand Man" (shareware) that has
> > the same purpose in life as SideKick and is suppousedly liked more

 Stuff deleted

> I have seen Right Hand Man, and it is a good package in general. I had verson     1.5??  and was satisfied with one exception.  The program has a major bug in
> the calander/alarm segment. It seems that the programmer neglected to consider
> leap year!!!    all of the days were off by one!!  since I wanted it for the
> calander/alarm function, I have stopped using it. It is a good package, and If
> you succeed in finding a version that has the calander fixed, Please drop me a
> note, as I would like to have it.
>
> Duane L. Rezac

I have version 3.3 but the calander problem has not been fixed.