[comp.sources.wanted] Shar/Unshar Wanted for MS-DOS Environment

kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) (04/20/89)

Does anybody know of the existance of a shar/unshar package available that
would operate in an MS-DOS environment and yet behave like the UNIX version
of shar/unshar. I would appreciate obtaining such code, or any pointers to
a public archive site.

Thanks in advance,

		 Gerry Kokodyniak

--
Gerry Kokodyniak, Ph.D. Student             Dept. of Mech. Eng., U. of Toronto
INTERNET: kokody2@me.utoronto.ca             Structural Integrity Fatigue and

16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (Paul Gomme) (04/21/89)

In article <89Apr20.115638edt.19104@me.utoronto.ca>, kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
> Does anybody know of the existance of a shar/unshar package available that
> would operate in an MS-DOS environment and yet behave like the UNIX version
> of shar/unshar. I would appreciate obtaining such code, or any pointers to
> a public archive site.

I've recently come across such a program on a local BBS. Unfortunatley, it
doesn't come with documentation or with source code. It was reasonably easy to
figure out how to unshar (which is what I wanted to do). The program does
provide a (very brief) summary of its arguments if you don't give it any
arguments, so it may be possible to figure out how to shar from that
information.

I don't know how much interest there is in such a program. I'd be willing to
email it (arc-ed and uuencoded) to anyone who wants it. Or, if interest is
sufficient, I suppose I could submit it to c.s.i.p.b.
Paul Gomme        Bitnet:  gomme@uwovax.bitnet      ARPA:    gomme@uwo.ca

seg@smsdpg.uu.net (Scott Garfinkle) (05/04/89)

In article <89Apr20.115638edt.19104@me.utoronto.ca>, kokody2@me.utoronto.ca (Gerry Kokodyniak) writes:
> Does anybody know of the existance of a shar/unshar package available that
> would operate in an MS-DOS environment and yet behave like the UNIX version
> of shar/unshar. I would appreciate obtaining such code, or any pointers to
> a public archive site.

Rick $alz recently posted cshar to alt.sources.  I helped him with the
MS-DOSisms.  His shar/unshar works very nicely under DOS.  Needless to
say, this was released in source form with complete docs.  I used MSC 5.1
to compile it.
		Scott E. Garfinkle
		SMS Data Products Group, Inc.
		uunet!smsdpg!seg (seg@smsdpg.uu.net)

walter@hpsad.HP.COM (Walter Coole) (05/16/89)

I didn't find it in alt.sources, could someone mail it to me at
 walter@hpsadlc.HP.COM , or tell me a pointer to it?