[comp.sources.wanted] terminal emulator for vt-320, -340, -220, -110

bagpiper@oxy.edu (Michael Paul Hunter) (05/14/89)

I am looking for a vt-320 terminal emulator for macs and ms-dos type pcs.
It is also a plus if the terminal emulator can emulate the rest of the
terminals on the subject line.	The reason I am looking for a vt-320
terminal emulator is to use the pc as a terminal for a vax running vms.
I am interested in both commercial and public domain programs.	I don't
read comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.ibm.pc so would people in those groups please
reply directly to me.

				     Thank you,
					 Michael

Michael Hunter	       UUCP  : ....{rutgers, ames}!cit-vax!oxy!bagpiper
Box 241 	       ARPA  : bagpiper@oxy.edu
Occidental College     or oxy!bagpiper@usc.edu	is sometimes needed
Los Angeles, CA 90041

vrh@mhres.mh.nl (Michael Verhey) (05/17/89)

In article <36235@tiger.oxy.edu>, bagpiper@oxy.edu (Michael Paul Hunter) writes:
> I am looking for a vt-320 terminal emulator for macs and ms-dos type pcs.
> It is also a plus if the terminal emulator can emulate the rest of the
> terminals on the subject line.	The reason I am looking for a vt-320
> terminal emulator is to use the pc as a terminal for a vax running vms.
> I am interested in both commercial and public domain programs.	I don't
> read comp.sys.mac or comp.sys.ibm.pc so would people in those groups please
> reply directly to me.

There is a marvellous package for the Macintosh, called MAC-VT240. As far as
I know it can do everything the VT240 terminal can: graphics, 132-column
screens, double-wide and double-high characters, etc..

I hope this helps you,
Michael
--
Michael Verheij (using Netnews)		Multihouse B.V., the Netherlands
USENET: vrh@mh.nl via European backbone (mcvax).

thomas-m@hockey.cis.ohio-state.edu (Malcolm Thomas) (05/18/89)

In article <3162@mhres.mh.nl> vrh@mhres.mh.nl (Michael Verhey) writes:
>In article <36235@tiger.oxy.edu>, bagpiper@oxy.edu (Michael Paul Hunter) writes:
>> I am looking for a vt-320 terminal emulator for macs and ms-dos type pcs.
>> It is also a plus if the terminal emulator can emulate the rest of the
>> terminals on the subject line.	The reason I am looking for a vt-320
>> [...].
>
>There is a marvellous package for the Macintosh, called MAC-VT240. As far as
>I know it can do everything the VT240 terminal can: graphics, 132-column
>screens, double-wide and double-high characters, etc..

Is there a 132 column one for MS-DOS?  I have a program QVT for windows
but have been unable to run it yet seeing how every time I try to connect
it locks my coputer (Gateway 2000 16Mhz AT clone).

thomas-m@cis.ohio-state.edu	| "Start of witty saying...
Dept of Cptr/Inf Sci, CAE 239	|     ...witty saying...
Ohio-State-U, Columbus, OH 43210|          ...end of witty saying."