[comp.sources.wanted] ANSI tape reading program wanted

mccoy@adobe.com (Bill McCoy) (06/21/89)

I'm looking for any program which understands the ANSI tape
labelling format. In descending order of preference I'd like
software for SunOS, 4.2BSD, generic UNIX, or VMS. A pointer
to commercial software would be just fine.

We have an old binary which reads 1200bpi ANSI tapes, but I
need to read a 6250bpi tape.

Thanks in advance,

Bill McCoy
Adobe Systems, Inc.
uucp: ...{decwrl, sun}!adobe!mccoy

jcg@tree.UUCP (John Gonnerman) (06/23/89)

In article <925@adobe.UUCP>, mccoy@adobe.com (Bill McCoy) writes:
> I'm looking for any program which understands the ANSI tape
> labelling format. In descending order of preference I'd like
> software for SunOS, 4.2BSD, generic UNIX, or VMS. A pointer
> to commercial software would be just fine.

Me too!  We have a need to read/write ANSI tapes on our Motorola
8400E systems.  Any source is fine, but SysV is preferred.

As Bill said,
"Thanks in advance"

--
              __    |            -- John C. Gonnerman --
          \__/ __   |  ..!ucbvax!pasteur!ames!pacbell!sactoh0!tree!jcg

tony@oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) (06/25/89)

From comp.sources.unix index:

    vol08/ansitape/Part01 Some routines for reading ANSI labelled tapes.
    vol08/ansitape/Part02

--
Yours, etc., Tony Olekshy (...!alberta!oha!tony or tony@oha.UUCP).

buck@siswat.UUCP (A. Lester Buck) (06/26/89)

In article <925@adobe.UUCP>, mccoy@adobe.com (Bill McCoy) writes:
I'm looking for any program which understands the ANSI tape
> labelling format. In descending order of preference I'd like
> software for SunOS, 4.2BSD, generic UNIX, or VMS. A pointer
> to commercial software would be just fine.

The AT&T Toolchest at 201-522-6900 (modem) has a package in
source form for licensing and delivery by uucp.  Log in as guest
for information.  There are also several packages that have
made it into the source archives over the years, including one
called ansitape (I think).  Check with your friendly, local
archive site.

--
A. Lester Buck		...!texbell!moray!siswat!buck