[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted: 4.3BSD TCP/IP physical layer driver for Lance chipset

pardo@june.cs.washington.edu (David Keppel) (06/27/89)

Recently, parts of the 4.3 BSD TCP/IP code were made freely available.
The default physical layer driver is for whatever is the driver on a
VAX.  I am looking for a transportable or retargetable driver for the
Lance chipset.

A public domain implementation would be great.  This is for use in a
commercial product, so it would also be possible to buy code or hire
somebody.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

	;-D on  ( The nutwork spatialist )  Pardo
--
		    pardo@cs.washington.edu
    {rutgers,cornell,ucsd,ubc-cs,tektronix}!uw-beaver!june!pardo

In article <8586@june.cs.washington.edu> pardo@cs.washington.edu (David Keppel) writes:
> Recently, parts of the 4.3 BSD TCP/IP code were made freely available.
> The default physical layer driver is for whatever is the driver on a
> VAX.  I am looking for a transportable or retargetable driver for the
> Lance chipset.

The DEQNA (if_qe.c) driver isn't for a lance, but on the other hand,
it seems awfully lance-like and would be a pretty good starting point.

The DEUNA actually contains a Lance chip, so the ring buffer setup
is even more lance-like, however there seems to be more layering to
confuse the issue.