consisted of making sure that case insensitivity was turned on.
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 89 21:01:36 -0400
From: Ken Yap <ken@cs.rochester.edu>

Ftp to wsmr-simtel20.army.mil [26.2.0.74] and poke around
the pd1:<msdos.*> directories. Remember to use tenex mode
for binary files. Another place you could look is
cunixc.cc.columbia.edu in kermit/a/ms* for MS Kermit.

Date: 25 Jun 89 00:13:52 EDT (Sun)
From: rutgers!cs.umn.edu!bungia!orbit!tnl!gwollman@beaver.cs.washington.edu (Garrett A. Wollman)

I would strongly recommand looking at Bob Hartman and Vince Perriello's
BinkleyTerm.  This program is written in C, with all 8259 work
controlled by the standard FOSSIL medium-level interface.  This program
is available in source from most boards which run it (it's also a
FidoNet mailer), and from Bob's board at +1 603 888 8179.

[ I couldn't ever get on the board, evidently there was a hard disk
problem -- Jaye]

Date: Mon, 26 Jun 89 09:05:06 EDT
From: rutgers!swan.ulowell.edu!cg-atla!fredex@beaver.cs.washington.edu (Fred Smith)
To: husc6!rice!uw-beaver!blake!mtsu@cs.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: Need SOURCE for a comm package.
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc,comp.sources.wanted

I would recommend, if you don't mind spending a few bucks, that
you pick up a copy of the Greenleaf Comm Library. This is a very
good set of C-callable routines for doing interrupt-driven or
polling comms on PCs and compatibles. I have used it for several
small programs (I am currently doing a terminal emulator with
file transfer protocols built in) and have found it to be quite good.
One of the things I did was a "baud rate converter", so that I could
have the PC in my office answer the phone and connect whoever was on the
phone at 1200 baud to whoever was on the other serial port at
9600 baud. I have used that particular hack extensively, even to
the point of transferring large amounts of graphics data through it
to the terminal at home. Both ports were buffered, interrupt
driven, and XON/XOFF flow-controlled.

I was using Microsoft C, but Greenleaf offers versions for
a number of different compilers. Oh yes, source is provided, so
that the installation process actually does a compilation for
you, using your tools.

[-- Didn't spend the money, but it sure sounds like a good way to go... -Jaye]

Date: Thu, 29 Jun 89 23:15:46 CDT
From: Steve Steiner <aicchi!ses>

I don't know if this will help.  But Dr. Dobbs was running a project in the
magazine, which was a communications package.  I believe it started in the
September 1988 issue and ended a couple of months ago.  I know the source is
available from Dr. Dobbs for around $15 a disk, or from CompuServ.

--
			Steve Steiner
			Analysts International Corporation

[ Didn't check on this... nobody I know gets Dr. D -- Jaye]

Thanx for the help...