[comp.sources.wanted] Loan Amortization program wanted

0rmohiud@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Razi Mohiuddin) (07/13/89)

A while ago I saw some source for a loan amortization program
on the net. Does anybody have a copy that they can main me.

Thanks,
Razi
---------
INTERNET: 0rmohiud@teknowledge.com
  USENET: {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|uw-beaver}!0rmohiud%teknowledge.com
 US MAIL: Razi Mohiuddin, Cimflex Teknowledge Corp,Box 10119 Palo Alto,CA 94303

istvan@hhb.UUCP (Istvan Mohos) (07/14/89)

0rmohiud@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Razi Mohiuddin) writes:
>A while ago I saw some source for a loan amortization program
>on the net. Does anybody have a copy that they can main me.

Pac is a slightly overambitious visual calculator for Unix systems.
I'm reposting pac (4 parts) in alt.sources in response to frequent
net requests for loan amortization programs.  In spite of its minor
structural problems, pac is the "everything you ever wanted in a
calculator" calculator, providing:

o   16 cells nonvolatile memory (checkbook balance, phone numbers, etc.)
o   asynchronous real-time clock
o   separate checkbook balancer window (for summing lists of numbers)
o   ASCII to decimal to octal to hex translation (find out what ^M is)
o   22 predefined conversions (metric, temperature, etc.)
o   user-definable, non-volatile conversions (dollar to yen, etc.)
o   compound interest/mortgage payment solver (play the "what if?" game)
o   amortization schedule (monthly payment list) file writer
o   function help window (type "help" or just "?" or "help [subject]")
o   optional automatic calculator session recording to files
o   trigonometric functions
o   number base conversions (independent in/out bases, between 2 and 16)
o   programmable precision: btw 0 and 32 digits past the decimal point
o   bitwise AND, OR, NOT, XOR, TWOSCOMP
o   fully automatic and accessible push/pop stack memory
o   pi, planck, parallax, parsec... 30 math/physical constants in all
o   macro tokens from "atto" to "exa" (for ex: "356 micro + 125 milli")
o   predefined percent calculations (for ex: "65.7 p[ercent]of 290")

The pac process forks pipes to the 'bc' Unix calculator.
The posted source has been successfully compiled and tested on:
Pyramid 90x, VAX 11-785, Apollo Domain-IX, Sun4, AT&T 6300+, DEC 8600.
Pac will NOT work on Sun2 or Sun3 systems.

--
        Istvan Mohos
        {ihnp4,decvax,allegra}!philabs!hhb!istvan