[comp.sources.wanted] Space Quest II

ajat@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Ajat Hukkoo) (08/07/89)

Hi,
	I was looking for the game Space Quest II. Could
someone please email to me the code? Thanks in advance,
Ajat.

simcha@kurz-ai.UUCP (Simcha Lerner) (08/07/89)

In article <16660@ut-emx.UUCP> ajat@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Ajat Hukkoo) writes:
>Hi,
>	I was looking for the game Space Quest II. Could
>someone please email to me the code? Thanks in advance,
>Ajat.

SPACE QUEST II is copyrighted commercial software.  It is therefor
inappropriate to send or post.  [For that matter, it is also inappropriate
to ask for :-) ]

Seriously, if we don't keep commercial software off of the net,
we are inviting the type of trouble that could end up damaging
the net (eg: loosing more of the backbone sites that don't want
to be sued for aiding and abetting a felony).

--
Simcha Lerner
Kurzweil Applied Intelligence

PLEASE NOTE ADDRESS: NO RETURN MAIL VIA bbn PLEASE

UUCP address:	kurz-ai!simcha@talcott.harvard.edu
	  or:	...{uunet,rutgers,ames}!harvard!talcott!kurz-ai!simcha

mboen@nixpbe.UUCP (Martin Boening) (08/08/89)

ajat@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Ajat Hukkoo) writes:

>Hi,
>	I was looking for the game Space Quest II. Could
>someone please email to me the code? Thanks in advance,
>Ajat.

What?? As far as I know, Space Quest II (and I, as well) are coprighted
by Sierra Online Adventures. Or has that changed recently. They are also
copy protected (at least the versions I bought were). Therefore (unless
all this has changed, of course) posting the code would be illegal, eh.
Go to a dealer whgo carries Atari games software and ask them to get it
for you. Or tell me if there is a public domain version out. I think
lots of people over here in Europe would be interested in one.

Martin
--
Email: in the   USA ->  ...!uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mboening.pad
       outside  USA ->  {...!mcvax}!unido!nixpbe!mboening.pad