[comp.sources.wanted] Desperately seeking obfuscated C!!!!

pekka@umecs.cs.umu.se (Tomas Hansson) (08/07/89)

I'm looking for the winner programs in the last three
years of the obfuscated C-contest (is that the name?)
I would very much want to get in touch with the persons
in charge of the contest and/or anybody who might direct
me where to find the programs, or, for that matter, send
them to me.

This is urgent!

Please reply by e-mail! Don't litter!

Thank you very much!

Martin Carlsson
using pekka@umecs.cs.umu.se
No disclaimer. We're not responsible for the way the world is!

pardo@june.cs.washington.edu (David Keppel) (08/08/89)

pekka@umecs.cs.umu.se (Tomas Hansson) writes:
>[Wants Obfuscated C source & contact]

For all interested, I've *temporarily* (like, one week) made the
1984-1988 obfuscated C top finishers available via anonymous ftp from
june.cs.washington.edu (128.95.1.4).

	% ftp cs.washington.edu
	login: anonymous
	password <username>
	binary
	cd tmp/obfuscate
	get ...

Hope this is fun for all...

	;-D on  ( Soon: Disappearing code contest )  Pardo
--
		    pardo@cs.washington.edu
    {rutgers,cornell,ucsd,ubc-cs,tektronix}!uw-beaver!june!pardo

dg@lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough) (08/09/89)

pardo@june.cs.washington.edu (David Keppel):
> pekka@umecs.cs.umu.se (Tomas Hansson) writes:
>>[Wants Obfuscated C source & contact]
>
> For all interested, I've *temporarily* (like, one week) made the
> 1984-1988 obfuscated C top finishers available via anonymous ftp from
> june.cs.washington.edu (128.95.1.4).

Thanks a lot. All the world's on the Internet (Just like all the world's
a VAX). Now, what do all the .UUCP sites and MX'ed people do?

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - POST THE STUFF WILL YOU!!!!

This is about the fourth request I've seen, and I'm going to add
that _I'D_ like to see what happened. Or is the OCC so elite that
us mere mortals don't get to see what's happened.

(get's down off soapbox, and puts away flamethrower)
--
	dg@lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+
						IHS	| +-+-+

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) (08/12/89)

 > For all interested, I've *temporarily* (like, one week) made the
 > 1984-1988 obfuscated C top finishers available via anonymous ftp from
 > june.cs.washington.edu (128.95.1.4).

 > FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - POST THE STUFF WILL YOU!!!!

No.

When the organizers of the contest are ready, they will post the results.
This posting will include comments, hints, bug-fixes, etc.  They have
made this announcement at least twice, so far, on Usenet.

If you absolutely need to see the OLD winners, and can't wait for the
new comprehensive posting, contact your nearest comp.sources.unix
archive site.
	/rich $alz
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz@uunet.uu.net.
Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.