[comp.sources.wanted] Flight simulators

spl@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mr. HappyWOWface) (08/11/89)

    Lately there has been lots of talk in comp.graphics about a flight
simulator by Silicon Graphics and where to find data files for it,
well it got me to thinking, are there any flight simulator programs i
can get via anonymous FTP for the SUN ( or any other gbaphic terminals
for that matter).

Thanx in advance   =)

Stephen Lesniewski
  spl@topaz.rutger.edu

falk@sun.Eng.Sun.COM (Ed Falk) (08/14/89)

In article <Aug.11.00.15.17.1989.12040@topaz.rutgers.edu>, spl@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mr. HappyWOWface) writes:

>     Lately there has been lots of talk in comp.graphics about a flight
> simulator by Silicon Graphics and where to find data files for it,
> well it got me to thinking, are there any flight simulator programs i
> can get via anonymous FTP for the SUN ( or any other gbaphic terminals
> for that matter).

Well, I wrote one for the Sun that requires a Sun Graphics Processor
(CXP machine) that came out pretty good.  I distributed the source in the
hopes that other hackers would help me work on it (since it's not what
I'm getting paid to do, and I can only work on it in my "free time").

I haven't distributed any updates in about a year, but the original sources
might still be online.  You can get them for yourself via anonymous ftp
from

	acf8.nyu.edu-arpa
	128.122.129.2

thanx to John Deragon for making this available.  If anybody wants to actually
work on the code, I can send them up-to-date code and a wish list.  If
all you want to do is play with it, then don't come to me with bugs or
rfe's because it's not supported.

Disclaimer: This is *not* a sun-supported or sanctioned product.  It's just
something I slapped together in my spare time, which I don't have any more.

--
		-ed falk, sun microsystems, sun!falk, falk@sun.com

  "If you wrapped yourself in the flag like George Bush does, you'd
  be worried about flag-burning too"