[comp.sources.wanted] EMACS for 80386 UNIX SysV

uri@arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) (07/21/89)

From article <10@iisat.UUCP>, by jules@iisat.UUCP (Jules d'Entremont):
> If anyone has the source for a version of EMACS that will run on an 80386
> machine under UNIX SysV, could you please mail it to me at this address:

And meee, pleaseeee!    uunet!bywater!arnor!uri

Thanks.
Uri.

adnan@sgtech.UUCP (Adnan Yaqub) (07/24/89)

In article <10@iisat.UUCP> jules@iisat.UUCP (Jules d'Entremont) writes:

   If anyone has the source for a version of EMACS that will run on an 80386
   machine under UNIX SysV, could you please mail it to me at this address:

(Since there were two requests for this, I'll followup instead of using
Email.)

GNU Emacs runs on 386 based UNIX boxes.  The source is large, so I
won't mail it to you.  It is available via anonymous FTP as well as
anonymous UUCP.  For UUCp, try osu-cis.  First thing you need to do is
to grab the file GNU.how-to-get.  Here is a portion of this file:
-----
-This file (osu-cis!~/GNU.how-to-get) describes how to get the
-following software from osu-cis via semi-anonymous UUCP:
-
-Compress	GNU /bin Utilities	GNU Assembler	GNU Awk
-GNU Bison	GNU C++ Compiler	GNU C++ Debugger
-GNU C++ Library	GNU C Compiler	GNU Chess	GNU Debugger
-GNU Diff	GNU Emacs	GNU Emacs Ada support
-GNU Emacs Franz interface	GNU Emacs Lisp Manual
-GNU Lex	GNU Grep	GNU Make	GNU Pins & Art	GNU Plot
-GNU Sed	GNU Tar	GNUS	Ghostscript	Gnews	Ispell	JOVE
-KA9Q	Kermit	Leif	MIT C Scheme	Mg2a
-NNTP	News	Oops	PC RRN	Patch	Pathalias
-Proxy ARP	RCS	RFCs and IDEAS
-SB Prolog	Sendmail5.61	STDWIN	Smail 2.5	Tcsh
-
-There's a lot of other available miscellany that isn't explicitly
-listed here.  You can find out about it in the file osu-cis!~/ls-lR.Z
-
-The Computer and Information Science Department of the Ohio State
-University provides Free Software Foundation GNU products (and others)
-via UUCP only as a redistribution service.  Anything found here is
-only and exactly as it would be found on the indicated Internet hosts,
-were one to acquire it via anonymous FTP (like we did); or else saved
-it as it flowed past on the Usenet source distribution newsgroups.
-OSU CIS takes no responsibility for the contents of any of the
-distributions described in this message.  See the Distribution
-document (emacs/etc/DISTRIB when you unpack and build Emacs) and the
-GNU Emacs General Public License (emacs/etc/COPYING, similarly).
-
-Much of the GNU software is in beta-test.  For a list of the current
-statuses (stati?), ask gnu@prep.ai.mit.edu for a copy of the latest
-FSF order form.
-
-How to reach osu-cis via uucp
-===============================
-Here is a set of L.sys or Systems file lines suitable for osu-cis:
-
-#
-# Micom switch 2400 bps
-#
-osu-cis Any ACU 2400 1-614-292-3124 "" \r\c Name? osu-cis RETURN \c GO \d\r\d\r\d\r in:--in:--in: Uanon
-#
-# Micom switch 1200 bps
-#
-osu-cis Any ACU 1200 1-614-292-3112 "" \r\c Name? osu-cis RETURN \c GO \d\r\d\r\d\r in:--in:--in: Uanon
-
-Modify as appropriate for your site, of course, to account for your
-local telephone system.  There is no limit concerning what hours of
-the day you may call.  The new osu-cis has ten lines on the Micom
-switch that all work very well, so the directly-connected 1200bps and
-2400bps modems have been retired.
-----

OSU gets their stuff via anonymous FTP.  The GNU.how-to-get file
explains their sources.

Enjoy.

--
Adnan Yaqub
Star Gate Technologies, 29300 Aurora Rd., Solon, OH, USA, +1 216 349 1860

raw@ushiva.UUCP (Roland Wilcher) (07/26/89)

In article <ADNAN.89Jul24140042@sgtech.UUCP> adnan@sgtech.UUCP (Adnan Yaqub) writes:
>In article <10@iisat.UUCP> jules@iisat.UUCP (Jules d'Entremont) writes:
>
>   If anyone has the source for a version of EMACS that will run on an 80386
>   machine under UNIX SysV, could you please mail it to me at this address:
>

>(Since there were two requests for this, I'll followup instead of using
>Email.)

Also if you are short on space micro emacs 3.9e runs under Xenix V / Microport
Ultrix 2.2 and (grimace) dos .

---
"If aint broke, don't fix it"                            raw@ushiva.ncoast.org
-Bert lance                               uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!ushiva!raw
6203 Luther Ave. Cleve Oh. 44103                             Roland A. Wilcher

jules@iisat.UUCP (Jules d'Entremont) (08/15/89)

If anyone has the source for a version of EMACS that will run on an 80386
machine under UNIX SysV, could you please mail it to me at this address:
--
Jules d'Entremont	Phone: 454-5631 (Home)  465-5535 (Office)
UUCP: {uunet,utai,watmath}!dalcs!iisat!jules