[comp.sources.wanted] Turbo Pascal to C translator

csc@chinet.chi.il.us (Craig Curtin) (07/28/89)

Anyone work with a translator for translating Turbo PASCAL to any dialect of C
(MSC, TC, etc.) on a MS-DOS machine?  Also has anyone got any alternatives
to HALO printer graphics? I am in the process of converting a program from
that is currently using HALO printer graphics and Turbo Pascal into C and
any other graphics driver? please reply via e-mail, if enough interest i
will post a summary. thanks.

(either comercial or public domain experiences would be appreciated)

craig curtin
email: chinet!csc
days : (312)985-9000x2376
nites: (312)416-0270
--
craig curtin
email: chinet!csc

atk@tigger.colorado.edu (Alan T. Krantz) (08/18/89)

A few weeks ago I posted a request for a pascal to c translator.
I got several good responses and picked up p2c (or is it ptc).
Well, today I got around to trying it out and found that it couldn't
handle a turbo-pascal program very well because of turbo-pascal's many
non-standard features such as units, string procedure, and non-standard
ordering of declarations (i.e., you can declare types then constants then
types again).

So, now I am resending my request specifically asking for a turbo-pascal
5.0 to C translator. I realize that I may need to code some of the
functions supplied by turbo-pascal in C - but a translator that will
generate the appropriate C calls without aborting would be useful...

Thank you,
Alan Krantz

spex@dnlunx.UUCP (Griendt H.vdr.) (08/21/89)

atk@tigger.colorado.edu (Alan T. Krantz) writes:

>A few weeks ago I posted a request for a pascal to c translator.
>I got several good responses and picked up p2c (or is it ptc).
>Well, today I got around to trying it out and found that it couldn't
>handle a turbo-pascal program very well because of turbo-pascal's many
>non-standard features such as units, string procedure, and non-standard
>ordering of declarations (i.e., you can declare types then constants then
>types again).

>So, now I am resending my request specifically asking for a turbo-pascal
>5.0 to C translator. I realize that I may need to code some of the
>functions supplied by turbo-pascal in C - but a translator that will
>generate the appropriate C calls without aborting would be useful...

>Thank you,
>Alan KranTz

I would be very pleased with a program like that too. I have to do it by
hand now.

Henk van der Griendt

:
: