[comp.sources.wanted] vt100tool

czarnik%bosun@Sun.COM (Paul Czarnik) (06/08/88)

In article <614@eplrx7.UUCP> mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (Keith McNeill) writes:
>I need a copy of vt100tool.  Please just send me a message 1st so
>I can get it from the closest site.  (I don't have internet access).
>
>thanks,

Same here. Closest site would be best.

---
Paul Czarnik - Sun Microsystems, Inc.
---

wv@whuts.UUCP (DUNCAN) (06/09/88)

In article <614@eplrx7.UUCP> mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (Keith McNeill) writes:
>I need a copy of vt100tool.  Please just send me a message 1st so
>I can get it from the closest site.  (I don't have internet access).

Me too!
				Bill Duncan ...!ihnp4!whuts!wv

barnett@vdsvax.steinmetz.ge.com (Bruce G. Barnett) (06/10/88)

I wrote vttool. The current version is 1.8 and available from
the sun-spots archive. The Sun User's Tape contains version 1.0.

Note that there are at least three programs that provide vt100
emulation for a Sun. (One sold by Sun).

Mine is the simplist. It has the following characteristics:

	Simple. No double high/wide characters or graphic characters.
	Really two different programs that work together:

		vttool - SunView program that provides buttons to any
			 tty-window aplication.
		vtem - a termcap-based emulator for vt100's
			(written by Leif Samuelsson- runs on any terminal).

You can create new button files that let you easily make 'tools' for
termcap-based programs. Included in the package is:

	Button file for the EDT editor.
	Moriatool
	Omegatool

You can easily make a hacktool, csh-tool, rn-tool, etc.

Version 1.8 allows you to specify everything from the command line.

I am working on 1.9 - very slowly. If you need vttool, send me mail.
I would also appreciate any comments/improvements/button files.
--
	Bruce G. Barnett 	<barnett@ge-crd.ARPA> <barnett@steinmetz.UUCP>
				uunet!steinmetz!barnett

root@cca.ucsf.edu (Computer Center) (06/11/88)

In article <4410@whuts.UUCP>, wv@whuts.UUCP (DUNCAN) writes:
> In article <614@eplrx7.UUCP> mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (Keith McNeill) writes:
> >I need a copy of vt100tool.  Please just send me a message 1st so
> >I can get it from the closest site.  (I don't have internet access).

Please see archive announcements for comp.sources.unix.

Volume 6: vt100tool  (10 Parts)

Thos Sumner       (thos@cca.ucsf.edu)   BITNET:  thos@ucsfcca
(The I.G.)        (...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!thos)

OS|2 -- an Operating System for puppets.

#include <disclaimer.std>

lmb@vsi1.UUCP (Larry Blair) (06/12/88)

In article <1284@ucsfcca.ucsf.edu> root@cca.ucsf.edu (Computer Center) writes:
<In article <4410@whuts.UUCP>, wv@whuts.UUCP (DUNCAN) writes:
<> In article <614@eplrx7.UUCP> mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (Keith McNeill) writes:
<> >I need a copy of vt100tool.  Please just send me a message 1st so
<> >I can get it from the closest site.  (I don't have internet access).
<> >
<
<Please see archive announcements for comp.sources.unix.
<
<Volume 6: vt100tool  (10 Parts)
<
<Thos Sumner       (thos@cca.ucsf.edu)   BITNET:  thos@ucsfcca
<(The I.G.)        (...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!thos)

I tried to use the vt100tool from volume 6, but it won't compile under
SunOS 3.X, due to the removal (by Sun) of a necessary include file.
I wrote to the author, and he told me to FTP the latest version.  Without
Internet access, this does me no good.

Are there any systems that provide a gateway from uucp to the internet
for FTPing files?
--
*   *   O     Larry Blair
  *   *   O   VICOM Systems Inc.     sun!pyramid----\

tom@taux01.UUCP (Tom Gorodecki) (09/26/89)

Hello.
I need to do some editing on VMS from sun machine.
Can someone send me a copy of public domain vt100tool.
Thanks
Tom

--
Gorodecki Tom.  National Semiconductor (IC)
6 Maskit st. P.O.B. 3007, Herzlia B,  46 104, Israel