[comp.sources.wanted] WANTED: INSITE code for Analysis of Nonlinear Dynamical Systems

ggovind@uceng.UC.EDU (girish govind) (10/06/89)

I am interested in obtaining the code for a package called
"INSITE" (Interactive Nonlinear Systems Investigative Toolkit for Everyone)
which was written by Dr. Thomas S. Parker at the University of California
at Berkeley. This code was referred in an article in Proceedings of IEEE
in the August 1987.

If there is someone from Berkeley who is reading this group, especially
someone familiar with the work of Dr. L.O. Chua, the above author used to be his
student and graduated in May 1987 with his PhD.

I can be reached at ggovind@uceng.uc.edu

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in the UNIX version
of the toolkit.

				Girish Govind
				Mail Location 30
				Signal Processing and Computer Vision Group
				Department of Electrical and Computer Engrg.
				University of Cincinnati
				Cincinnati, OH 45221-0030
				(513) 556-6297 (Office)
				(513) 556-7543 (Res.)

bilbo@navajo.berkeley.edu (Bill Baringer) (10/11/89)

In article <2336@uceng.UC.EDU> ggovind@uceng.UC.EDU (girish govind) writes:
>I am interested in obtaining the code for a package called
>"INSITE" (Interactive Nonlinear Systems Investigative Toolkit for Everyone)

INSITE is a collection of easy-to-use programs for the simulation and
characterization of dynamical systems, with an emphasis on chaotic systems.

INSITE runs on the X11 graphics package under UNIX and on the MetaGraphics
graphics package under PC-DOS.  There is a short write-up on it in the
August 1987 issue of the Proceedings of the IEEE.  It contains graphically
based, interactive programs that:

    calculate and plot trajectories and orbits,

    calculate and plot bifurcation diagrams of continuous- or
	discrete-time systems,

    calculate Lyapunov exponents (via simulation),

    calculate correlation dimension of attractors (from a data file
	obtained via experiment or simulation),

    calculate and plot one-dimensional invariant manifolds of a
	(Poincare) map,

    calculate and plot periodic solution of continuous- or
	discrete-time systems, and

    calculate and plot phase portraits of two-dimensional
	continuous-time systems.

INSITE is available for distribution for both UNIX and DOS machines.
The complete source code is included.
Information about INSITE Software can be obtained by writing:

	INSITE Software
	P.O. Box 9662
	Berkeley, CA 94709-9662