[comp.sources.wanted] Need generic gregorian date routines

system@asuvax.asu.edu (Marc Lesure) (10/14/89)

I'm looking for C routines that give day of the week, days between two given
dates, a new date given a starting date + number of days, etc.  The routines
need to be based on the Gregorian calendar.

Thanks-

		    Marc "Lost in Limbo" Lesure
"Between the world of men and make-believe, I can be found..."
"False faces and meaningless chases, I travel alone..."
"And where do you go when you come to the end of your dream?"

UUCP:       ...!ncar!noao!asuvax!lesure
Internet:   lesure@asuvax.eas.asu.edu

jfh@rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) (10/16/89)

In article <947@asuvax.asu.edu> system@asuvax.asu.edu (Marc Lesure) writes:
>I'm looking for C routines that give day of the week, days between two given
>dates, a new date given a starting date + number of days, etc.  The routines
>need to be based on the Gregorian calendar.

There is a program in the archives which gives a date or the difference
between two dates.  You should be able to cut it down to do what you
want.

An L.sys line for this system is

rpp386 Any ACU 2400 15128328835 in:--in:--in: uucp

The file name and size is

   8 /usr/archive/calcdate/calcdate.c.Z
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Things you didn't want to know:------
VoiceNet: (512) 832-8832   Data: -8835  | The real meaning of MACH is ...