[comp.sources.wanted] looking for news readers for MS-DOS

wswietse@tuewsa.lso.win.tue.nl (Wietse Venema) (11/25/89)

At our site we have several PC's hooked up via PC-NFS to Suns running B
news 2.11.  This allows us to mount /usr/lib/news and /usr/spool/news
as virtual drives on the PC's.  Do there exist any MS-DOS news readers
that can be used in such an environment? We'd rather not duplicate work
already done by someone else. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (11/25/89)

In article <732@tuewsd.lso.win.tue.nl> wswietse@tuewsa.lso.win.tue.nl (Wietse Venema) writes:
>At our site we have several PC's hooked up via PC-NFS to Suns running B
>news 2.11.  This allows us to mount /usr/lib/news and /usr/spool/news
>as virtual drives on the PC's.  Do there exist any MS-DOS news readers
>that can be used in such an environment? We'd rather not duplicate work
>already done by someone else. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't been able to test this but we have here in Vaasa, Finland
one MS-Windows program which claims to be a UNIXish vn (visual news
reader). You can give it a try. Hope it works for you. Available for
anonymous ftp login - address below.

--

				Harri Valkama (hv@uwasa.fi)
				anon. ftp site (128.214.12.3)