[comp.sources.wanted] seeking ICON prog. lang. interpreter

rlevasse@oahu.prime.com (Roger Levasseur) (11/29/89)

I was recently was told that there was an ICON Programming
language interpreter that had been posted onto the net
in some unremembered newsgroup sometime in the not too
distant past.  In looking through several (out of date?) lists
of source code available on the usual UNIX archives,  I did
not see anything referencing such a thing .  Does anybody
have it or know where I can find it?  I should say that I don't
have Internet access, so I'd be limited to email and/or
dialup archives.  I wish to run it on a '286 clone with
uPort V/AT that I have at home.

Thanks in advance.

    -roger

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  Roger M. Levasseur
  Prime/Computervision Business Unit
  14 Crosby Drive       uucp:  { sun | decvax }!cvbnet!rlevasse
  Bedford, Mass. 01730

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (11/30/89)

In article <223@cvbnet.Prime.COM> rlevasse@oahu.prime.com (Roger Levasseur) writes:

   I was recently was told that there was an ICON Programming
   language interpreter that had been posted onto the net
   in some unremembered newsgroup sometime in the not too
   distant past.

arizona.edu is the Home of Icon.  Here's a copy of a part of

	arizona.edu:icon/README

I don't see a number for the Icon RBBS, but I'll bet a message
to the contact listed would extract that pretty quickly, as
well as instructions for ordering tapes & floppies.

There are a couple of ICON books out as well.

Good luck.

--Ed

                  Icon FTP and RBBS Directories

                        Ralph E. Griswold
               Department of Computer Science, The
                      University of Arizona

1.__Introduction

   Most of the files listed below are available both via an
anonymous FTP from arizona.edu and from the Icon RBBS.

   Most of the files are the same for FTP and the RBBS, although
some are too large for practical transfer over telephone lines
outside the local calling area.

   If you download a copy of Icon, please let us know:

        Icon Project
        Department of Computer Science
        Gould-Simpson Building
        The University of Arizona
        Tucson, AZ   85721
        U.S.A.
        (602) 621-4049
        icon-project@cs.arizona.edu     (Internet)
        ... {uunet, allegra, noao}!arizona!icon-project     (uucp)

We will add you to our Icon Newsletter mailing list if you are
not already on it. On request, we'll send you printed copies of
the documentation for the version of Icon you downloaded (please
specify clearly).

kwalker@cs.arizona.edu (Kenneth Walker) (12/06/89)

From article <223@cvbnet.Prime.COM>, by rlevasse@oahu.prime.com (Roger Levasseur):

> I was recently was told that there was an ICON Programming
> language interpreter that had been posted onto the net ...
> Does anybody
> have it or know where I can find it?  I should say that I don't
> have Internet access, so I'd be limited to email and/or
> dialup archives.  I wish to run it on a '286 clone with
> uPort V/AT that I have at home.

The phone number for the Icon BBS is (602) 621-2283. The Unix source
does have configuration information for uPort V/AT, but you may find
that source to be rather large for downloading by phone. If you decide
you want information on ordering diskettes, let me know.

  Ken Walker / Computer Science Dept / Univ of Arizona / Tucson, AZ 85721
  +1 602 621 2858  kwalker@cs.arizona.edu {uunet|allegra|noao}!arizona!kwalker