[comp.sources.wanted] MNP emulation via software for PC

logex@altger.UUCP (logex) (12/12/89)

Hi all netlanders:

A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.

I got a reply, and i received thru email (uuencoded), an
ARC file of a program to do such a job.

Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
the email address of the person who send me the file.

If you have such a program, or if you can send a copy
of it thru email (uuencoded) to me, i'd appreciate it
a lot.

By the way, the non MNP modem is a hayes 1200B internal
PC modem.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards.

	   Edward.  logex@altger.UUCP

gutierre@nsipo.arc.nasa.gov (Robert Michael Gutierrez) (12/14/89)

In article <2137@altger.UUCP> logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:
>A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
[...]
>Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>the email address of the person who send me the file.

Can somebody send me this file also. I'd appreciate it.

| Robert Gutierrez -- NSI Network Ops Center <gutierre@nsipo.arc.nasa.gov> |
| NASA Science Internet Project, Bldg 233-8, Moffett Field, CA. 94035-5000 |
|  "Pain....will you return it....I say it again....PAIN!" (Depeche Mode)  |

ianf@nada.kth.se (Ian Feldman) (12/14/89)

In article <2137@altger.UUCP> logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:
>A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
[...]
>Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>the email address of the person who send me the file.

>Can somebody send me this file. I'd appreciate it.

  I also wish to receive it.  For use with a Macintosh and a 2400bps
  Hayes-compatible modem.  Thank you

--Ian Feldman /  ianf@nada.kth.se || uunet!nada.kth.se!ianf
             / "Let's get out of this place and nuke it from orbit" -- Alien

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (12/14/89)

In article <2538@draken.nada.kth.se> ianf@nada.kth.se (Ian Feldman) writes:
>In article <2137@altger.UUCP> logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:
>>A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
>[...]
>>Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>>the email address of the person who send me the file.
>
>>Can somebody send me this file. I'd appreciate it.

Rather than adding one more name to list of email requests I would
like to ask anyone who knows about such a program and its
whereabouts kindly make the information public here.

Prof. Timo Salmi                                (Site 128.214.12.3)
Internet: ts@chyde.uwasa.fi Funet: vakk::salmi Bitnet: salmi@finfun

cth_co@tekno.chalmers.se (CHRISTER OLSSON) (12/14/89)

In article <38054@ames.arc.nasa.gov>, gutierre@nsipo.arc.nasa.gov (Robert Michael Gutierrez) writes:
> In article <2137@altger.UUCP> logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:
>>A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
> [...]
>>Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>>the email address of the person who send me the file.
>
> Can somebody send me this file also. I'd appreciate it.

Search for the latest version of TELIX. It uses MNP5 emulation.

yap@me.utoronto.ca (Davin Yap) (12/15/89)

cth_co@tekno.chalmers.se (CHRISTER OLSSON) writes:
>In article <38054@ames.arc.nasa.gov>, gutierre@nsipo.arc.nasa.gov (Robert Michael Gutierrez) writes:
>> In article <2137@altger.UUCP> logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:
>>>A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>>>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
>> [...]
>>>Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>>>the email address of the person who send me the file.
>>
>> Can somebody send me this file also. I'd appreciate it.
>>
>Search for the latest version of TELIX. It uses MNP5 emulation.

I'D LOVE TO BELIEVE YOU, BUT I'VE JUST SPENT 1 HR FINDING VERSION 3.12
(THE LATEST), DOWNLOADING IT, UNPACKING IT, AND SCROUNGING THROUGH ALL
THE DOCUMENTATION.  I CAN'T FIND ANY MENTION OF THIS FEATURE.  MAYBE I'M
BLIND, PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU ARE DOING THIS!

NO SARCASM INTENDED, I WILL BE SINCERELY INDEBTED TO YOU IF YOU COULD
TELL ME HOW YOU ARE DOING THIS.

THANK YOU, Davin
_______________leave_nothing_to_the_imagination_of_those_without_______________
GOAL:  To dance the light fan- |Davin Yap, Mechanical Engineering, U of Toronto
tastic in the face of derision,| yap@me.toronto.edu     yap@me.utoronto.bitnet
from those bland at heart.     |       ...{pyramid,uunet}!utai!utme!yap
--

ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) (12/16/89)

In article <4952@tekno.chalmers.se> cth_co@tekno.chalmers.se (CHRISTER OLSSON) writes:
>Search for the latest version of TELIX. It uses MNP5 emulation.

I beg your pardon.  Have I missed something essential? I found no
such information in the Telix 3.12 documents.  (Version 3.12 was
released 1-dec-89.)

hsu@hutcs.hut.fi (Heikki Suonsivu) (12/16/89)

In article <38054@ames.arc.nasa.gov> gutierre@nsipo.arc.nasa.gov.UUCP (Robert Michael Gutierrez) writes:
>>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.

Another matter: Where could one get full MNP specification (up to level 5)?

-
Heikki Suonsivu, @ 2:504/1, Kuutamokatu 5 A 7/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@otax.tky.hut.fi, riippu SN, voice 8030017 mornings (11-12am) EET, Email
preferable. Don't move a bit, it could byte!

macy@fmsystm.UUCP (Macy Hallock) (12/17/89)

In article <2137@altger.UUCP> logex@altger.UUCP (logex) writes:
>Hi all netlanders:
>
>A few months ago, i requested for a program to be able to
>communicate with an MNP modem using a NON MNP modem.
>
>Unfortunately, our disk crashed, and there was that file and
>the email address of the person who send me the file.

I, too, have a need for such a program, preferably C source.
If you have such a program, or if you can send a copy
of it thru email (uuencoded) to me, i'd appreciate it
a lot.

 Macy M. Hallock, Jr.     macy@NCoast.ORG         uunet!aablue!fmsystm!macy
  F M Systems, Inc.      {uunet!backbone}!cwjcc.cwru.edu!ncoast!fmsystm!macy
 150 Highland Drive      Voice: +1 216 723-3000 Ext 251  Fax: +1 216 723-3223
Medina, Ohio 44256 USA   Cleveland:273-3000 Akron:239-4994 (Dial 251 at tone)