[comp.sources.wanted] Xw library

m5@lynx.uucp (Mike McNally) (12/20/89)

We recently began shipping our beta X distribution.  One of our
customers has a book about the X toolkit.  The book includes lots of
examples and references using a library called "Xw".  We've looked all
over our X distribution for it, but we can't find it.  I'd appreciate
any information about this thing.

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.

moraes@cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) (12/21/89)

m5@lynx.uucp (Mike McNally) writes:
>We recently began shipping our beta X distribution.  One of our
>customers has a book about the X toolkit.  The book includes lots of
>examples and references using a library called "Xw".  We've looked all
>over our X distribution for it, but we can't find it.  I'd appreciate
>any information about this thing.

Xw is the name for what used to be called the HP widgets. Look under
contrib/widgets/Xhp in the X.V11R3 distribution for the X.V11R2 version
of Xw. (contrib software tends to be one rev behind) Look on
expo.lcs.mit.edu in contrib/Xhp.tar.Z for the X.V11R3 version.  (Also
available on uunet, osu-cis and other X archive sites)

Note that the X.V11R3 version is not supported by HP -- the fixes were
made by Martin Friedmann at UMichigan, and by John Carlson @ LLNL. (HP
sells the R2 version and a much enhanced version of these widgets
became part of Motif, I believe)

The R3 version will hopefully be on the R4 tape, but will hopefully
work with R4 Xt. (unlike the R2 version which does not work with R3 Xt)