[comp.sources.wanted] 'zip' for Xenix?

toppin@melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin X2075) (12/18/89)

We are running SCO Xenix 2.2.3 on the 286.
I need to read an archive created with the DOS 'zip' utility.
Does anyone have something that will do this on a Xenix system?
If so, please drop me a line.
thanks
Doug Toppin
uunet!melpar!toppin

paul@csnz.co.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (12/21/89)

In article <102@melpar.UUCP> toppin@melpar.UUCP (Doug Toppin   X2075) writes:
>We are running SCO Xenix 2.2.3 on the 286.
>I need to read an archive created with the DOS 'zip' utility.
>Does anyone have something that will do this on a Xenix system?

We do this all the time.

We just run PKZIP under VP/ix.  Unfortunately, you don't have a 386.

I suggest you find a nearby site with VP/ix, or upgrade your system
to a 386, to run VP/ix.  We've looked for a UNIX ZIP, but a public
statement released by the author (Phil Katz) implied that his
priorities were DOS, Amiga and VAX/VMS in that order.  UNIX didn't
even get a mention.

--
Paul Gillingwater, Computer Sciences of New Zealand Limited
Domain: paul@csnz.co.nz  Bang: uunet!vuwcomp!dsiramd!csnz!paul