[comp.sources.wanted] Moria

billw@wolf.UUCP (Bill Wisner) (05/10/87)

What is the -latest- version of MORIA? The one on ghostwheel.cmu.edu?
--
Bill Wisner
..{sdcsvax,ihnp4}!jack!wolf!billw

mende@aramis.RUTGERS.EDU (Bob Mende) (05/11/87)

Hi Bill,
  The most current version on Moria is 4.9.   But you will not find it
outside of U of Oklahoma.  For the rest of us there is version 4.8.  I
have just received it and if you want to FTP the .exe it can be gotten
from aim.rutgers.edu [dua0:[usr.mende.new_moria]moria.exe].
  Ver. 4.9 is suppose to be just some bug fixes from 4.8, but it there
is also a VAX C version.  It is the VAX Pascal version that has been
run thru a Pascal->C converter and some frobs here and there.
  Ver. 5.0 is still in dream land.  I dont know if we will ever see it
or what... but from the propaganda it looks good.

					Bob
--
	Bob Mende   	mende@rutgers.edu	{...}!rutgers!mende

oliver@bsu-cs.UUCP (T. Tim Hsu) (05/13/87)

I was wondering how to get a hold of moria, hack, ultrarogue, or empire
for the unix (or vms) that will run on BSD4.3 or VMS4.5

My school (BSU) is new to the nationwide network, so there is not much in
terms of games (except for "basic" games), and I read about a few of the
interesting ones, which is why I would like a copy of them so I could put them
up for access (source code would be great, but I would take anything I could
get my hands on).

If you know where to get some, send me a message about it.

--
T. Tim Hsu

UUCP: {ihnp4,seismo}!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!oliver

kizy@vax1.UUCP (CS310 Student) (10/10/87)

Where can I get the source code for the game called Moria?  It's written
for VMS and I want to port it to UNIX.

  --  Garth Baulch
      kizy@vax1.ccs.cornell.edu
      KIZY@CORNELLA.BITNET

iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Tim Iverson) (10/11/87)

In article <499@vax1.UUCP> kizy@vax1.UUCP (CS310 Student) writes:
>Where can I get the source code for the game called Moria?  It's written
>for VMS [in pascal] and I want to port it to UNIX.

This is your lucky day - it's already been done.  The UNIX port (in C)
was by James Wilson (wilson@ernie.berkeley.edu) and the MSDOS version
by Don Kneller (kneller@cgl.ucsf.edu).  I found the source on cod.nosc.mil,
but I've heard that it's not there anymore.  If noone else already has
it on a machine that can do ftp, I'll upload it to ucbvax & let you ftp
it from there.  I will *not* post it.  If the authors wanted to post,
they would, and probably will when they feel sure the bugs are out.
Anyway, let me know if you find it somewhere, since it'll take at least
a couple of hours to upload even at 2400 baud.

- Tim Iverson
  iverson@cory.Berkeley.EDU
  ucbvax!cory!iverson

ccs@lazlo.UUCP (Clifford C. Skolnick) (02/08/88)

Is there anyone on the net who still has copies of uMoria?  I hhoked up to
the net too late to get these, but am very interested.  If someone could send
me a mail message (just saying you have them, not the stuff please!), I can
get back to you to arrange the transfer.
						Cliff Skolnick
--
Clifford C. Skolnick    |     - Don't quote me, I'm dain bramaged -
Phone: (716) 427-8046   |                       /   !kodak!gizzmo!   \

rup@tuvie (R.Grafendorfer) (04/21/89)

Is there anybody on the net who knows if moria-game is available as source
in the public domain ????

Please respond by e-mail.

Rup Grafendorfer

andre@htsa.uucp (Andre van der Vlies) (04/21/89)

In article <681@tuvie> rup@tuvie (R.Grafendorfer) writes:
>Is there anybody on the net who knows if moria-game is available as source
>in the public domain ????
>
>Please respond by e-mail.
>
>Rup Grafendorfer

Please, send the information to me too.

--
                    Andre v.d. Vlies
                    Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam, The Netherlands

kaul@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rich Kaul) (04/21/89)

In article <1545@cfa.cfa.harvard.EDU> rup@tuvie (R.Grafendorfer) writes:
>Is there anybody on the net who knows if moria-game is available as source
>in the public domain ????

It is.  There is a copy for the PC on simtel20.army.mil for anonymous
ftp in directory PD1:<MSDOS.GAMES> and called MOR4873S.ARC.  I suspect
that the code will also work for unix systems, but I'm not sure.
There's also a mail server someone runs to get at those archives, but
I don't know much about it.

The source for the Un*x version of the game is on uunet.uu.net in the
comp.sources.games/volume5/umoria2 directory.  Getting it from there
is your business, since all I've ever done from them is ftp.

>Please respond by e-mail.

I tried, but rup@tuvie is not a valid user (according to tuvie's
mailer, at least).

-rich
-=-
Rich Kaul			  | "Why didn't you tell me you were a
The Ohio State University	  |  demon from hell?"
2015 Neil Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
kaul@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu

wilson@ji.Berkeley.EDU (James E. Wilson) (04/22/89)

In article <1991@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu> kaul@icarus.eng.ohio-state.edu (Rich Kaul) writes:
>It is.  There is a copy for the PC on simtel20.army.mil for anonymous
>ftp in directory PD1:<MSDOS.GAMES> and called MOR4873S.ARC.  I suspect

Just a few corrections here.  About 3 months ago, wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
removed all games from their archive.  I do not know of any place where
the IBM-PC sources can be ftped from, however, the binaries are currently
available from swan.ulowell.edu.

If anyone wants more info on how to get moria sources/binaries just send
me email.  The options are too long to list here, since it depends on which
version you want (VMS/UNIX/IBM-PC/Atari ST/Amiga/etc), and which transfer
options are available (ftp/UUCP/UNIX tapes/VMS tapes/floppies/etc.).

Jim Wilson                          | And if a man tried to spend his time on
Internet: wilson@ernie.Berkeley.EDU | earth, to show before he died, what one
Usenet:  ...!ucbvax!ucbernie!wilson | man's life could be worth, yes, I wonder
                                    | what would happen to this world.

gandalf@spock.UUCP (Mark Halstead) (02/06/90)

I'm desperately seeking the sources to Moria.  A while ago I posted asking
for them.  AT that time I didn't have access to ftp.  Now I do.  Back
then someone offered that they would give me a copy if I sent them a
tape. Could either that person reply again(sorry) with their address,
and other info, etc. or could someone give me an ftp site with the
sources to moria on it?  Thank you VERY much.

-Mark Halstead
--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    __  Life is like a two-player game...but you start with only one joystick.

btrue@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM (Barry.True) (02/07/90)

I'd be interested in getting the source as well. I don't have access to ftp
so if some kind soul could E-mail me the source it would be appreciated.

lam@vu-vlsi.Villanova.EDU (Anthony Lam) (02/10/90)

In article <214@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM> btrue@emdeng.UUCP (Barry.True) writes:
>I'd be interested in getting the source as well. I don't have access to ftp
>so if some kind soul could E-mail me the source it would be appreciated.

	Me too.  I will be appreciated.

--
...Tony			lam@vu-vlsi.UUCP

Anthony Lam
Department of Electrical Engineering
Villanova University, Villanova, PA 19085