[comp.sources.wanted] C cross-reference, pretty-print

kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) (02/13/90)

    I realize this may have come up recently, but I am looking for two
programs: a cross referencer and a pretty-printer for C.  The former is
rather more important than the latter.  I'll be running it on SYSV and
(gag) MSDOS.  Thanks for info.

kq
--

Kevin D. Quitt                          Manager, Software Development
DeMott Electronics Co.                  VOICE (818) 988-4975

dmt@pegasus.ATT.COM (Dave Tutelman) (02/13/90)

In article <24@demott.COM> kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) writes:

>    I realize this may have come up recently, but I am looking for two
>programs: a cross referencer and a pretty-printer for C.  The former is
>rather more important than the latter.  I'll be running it on SYSV and
>(gag) MSDOS.  Thanks for info.

CPR was posted in comp.sources.misc a couple of months ago, and should
be archived in lots of places.  It does the pretty-print job.  It also
provides an alphabetized table of contents for functions, but not a
full cross-ref facility.  It does compile and run on SysV and MSDOS.

|    Dave Tutelman						|
|    Physical - AT&T Bell Labs  -  Lincroft, NJ			|
|    Logical -  ...att!pegasus!dmt				|
|    Audible -  (201) 576 2194					|

shepard@upas.CS.ORST.EDU (Mark Shepard) (02/14/90)

(tried to reply-directly but it bounced...)
In article <24@demott.COM> you write:
>    I realize this may have come up recently, but I am looking for two
>programs: a cross referencer and a pretty-printer for C.  The former is
>rather more important than the latter.  I'll be running it on SYSV and
>(gag) MSDOS.  Thanks for info.

Kevin,

For both of your requests, try the mod.sources archives.  Here's a grep of
a recent archive index:

% grep ref info-server.index
cxref             1 Cxref -- C cross referencer                            45 K
id               11 C cross-reference database system              ( 3 parts)
indent           18 Indent, C reformatting program                 ( 3 parts)
msg               4 Msg docs preformatted                          (11 parts)
xref              1 a cross reference program                              10 K
yaccref2          6 Cross-reference for Yacc (yyref) (corrected)           13 K
yyref2            6 Cross-reference for Yacc (yyref) (corrected)           13 K

the first three look like what you want.  I've never used/looked at/etc
cxref or id, but indent is a pretty much does everything related to reformatting
:-)

To get this files, you can use ftp to sh.cs.net or mail a request to
info-server@sh.cs.net with the following in the body of the message:

request: mod.sources
topic: indent
topic: id
topic: cxref
request: end

and it will mail back the files.  topic: help and topic: index are good one too!

	Good lunk, and let me know if what I've said really doesn't work

	Mark
	shepard@cs.orst.edu || ...!hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!shepard