[comp.sources.wanted] pd ansi C compiler

cac@auc.UUCP (Clayton Collie) (02/21/90)

In article <25DC45EF.19F9@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> bdn@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Bryan D. Nehl) writes:
>Does anyone out there have PD an ansi C compiler.
>Preferebly with C source. :-)
>
>Looking specifically for the at&t 3b15 and 3b1.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bryan.
>--
I would also be interested in receiving a copy of same. BTW are the GNU
compilers ANSI conformant ?

Thanx

Clayton

{++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++}
{       No Ego Ergo No Sig     }
{++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++}
{       cac@gatech!auc.UUCP    }
{++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++}

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (02/23/90)

In article <32378@auc.UUCP> cac@auc.UUCP (2-Clayton Collie) writes:
>In article <25DC45EF.19F9@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> bdn@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Bryan D. Nehl) writes:
>>
>>Does anyone out there have PD an ansi C compiler.
>>Preferebly with C source. :-)
>
>I would also be interested in receiving a copy of same. BTW are the GNU
>compilers ANSI conformant ?

Unless you use the -traditional switch, in which case it is K&R.  There
are actually more switches than that, all having to do with details of
the differences.  You can get to be incredibly obtusely ANSI compliant,
with trigraphs and everything, or sort of normal 'lets just get this
to compile' helpful.

Specifically, for the 3b1 the GNU compiler, as of 1.36, is distinctly less
buggy than the stock cc that comes with the machine, and which is K&R only.

--
Kevin O'Gorman ( kevin@kosman.UUCP, kevin%kosman.uucp@nrc.com )
voice: 805-984-8042 Vital Computer Systems, 5115 Beachcomber, Oxnard, CA  93035