[comp.sources.wanted] Lisp-to-C translater sought

mernst@theory.lcs.mit.edu (Michael Ernst) (02/22/90)

I'm looking for a tool to convert Lisp (any flavor) to C.  I know that KCL
does a subset of this, but I'd like to get runnable C and to do this via
KCL would require breaking out the Lisp support libraries from the KCL Lisp
runtime.

Thanks for your help.
					-Michael Ernst
					 mernst@theory.lcs.mit.edu

mernst@theory.lcs.mit.edu (Michael Ernst) (02/25/90)

I have a partial answer to my query for a Lisp-to-C translator:

> From: bartlett@decwrl.dec.com (Joel Bartlett)
> Subject: Scheme->C compiler available via FTP
> Date: 23 Feb 90 23:08:29 GMT
>
> The Scheme-to-C compiler, Scheme->C, done at Digital Equipment
> Corporation's Western Research Laboratory is now available for public
> ftp.
>
> The compiler compiles Revised**3 Scheme to C that is then compiled by
> the native C compiler for the target machine.  This design results in
> a portable system that allows either stand-alone Scheme programs or
> programs written in both compiled and interpreted Scheme and other
> languages.

> The system is available for anonymous ftp from 'gatekeeper.dec.com'
> [16.1.0.2]. The Scheme->C files are in '/pub/DEC/Scheme-to-C'.  Those
> files include:
>
>      README             - overview and copyright notice.
>      23feb90.tar.Z      - compressed tar file containing all source
>                           and documentation.

This works on VAXen and DECstations, and is allegedly easy to port to other
systems with C compilers.
					-Michael Ernst
					 mernst@theory.lcs.mit.edu