[comp.sources.wanted] PD prolog

slocum@hi-csc.UUCP (Brett Slocum) (02/12/88)

I'm looking for a PD version of prolog.  Anybody with information,
please send me email.

Thanks.

--
--Brett Slocum  "Never bet with a Sicilian where Death is involved."
UUCP: ...uunet!hi-csc!slocum

dvlpde@cs.umu.se (Phillip Dale) (03/06/90)

Anyone know of a GOOD public domain prolog interpreter for MS-DOS?
Desperately seeking,

Phil.

It's amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!
Phillip Dale	dvlpde@cs.umu.se

IA80001@MAINE.BITNET (George E. Newell) (03/12/90)

In article <1990Mar6.142208.24212@cs.umu.se>, <dvlpde@cs.umu.se> Phillip Dale
writes:
> Anyone know of a GOOD public domain prolog interpreter for MS-DOS?
> Desperately seeking,
>
> Phil.

Yes Phil.  There is a good version in shareware.  Check with your
local library about shareware if you don't know where to send.  Some
places charge a small fee (usually $1.50) for a disk to be copied
but it is well worth it.  On the disk, there are a number of samples.
I haven't been able to get some of them to work but a couple of
them are nice, and they give a good example of how Prolog works.

I hope this information is of some use to you.  If you can't find
any place locally that handles shareware, email to me directly
and I will give you information about a place locally near me that
will copy the disk for no charge and send it you postpaid.
-------

       Name:  George E. Newell
  BITNET ID:  IA80001@MAINE
INTERNET ID:  IA80001@MAINE.MAINE.EDU