[comp.sources.wanted] Need font utility : pxl --> pk

cowsar@masc6.rice.edu (03/13/90)

Could someone please tell me where I can find the source to
convert pxl fonts to the pk format for use with TeX.  I have
access to ftp.

Also, I am looking for the amcsc* family (hopefully in pk format).
Perhaps someone could point me to those also.

Thanks,
Lawrence Cowsar
Department of Mathematics

dhosek@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (---) (03/15/90)

In article <5730@brazos.Rice.edu> cowsar@masc6.rice.edu () writes:
>Could someone please tell me where I can find the source to
>convert pxl fonts to the pk format for use with TeX.  I have
>access to ftp.

The WEB source for the program PKtoPX may be FTP'd from
labrea.stanford.edu. I don't remember the directory offhand.
Change files are available from a different directory for most
systems.

>Also, I am looking for the amcsc* family (hopefully in pk format).
>Perhaps someone could point me to those also.

WHY? am fonts have been obsolete for many years. Use cmcsc instead.
If you need other sizes other than 10pt and are not satisfied with
magnification, I recommend John Sauter's cm extension. This allows
one to create a MF file along the lines of

% This is cmcsc8 as of 14-Mar-1990
designsize:=8;
input b-cmcsc

to get the font in the appropriate size. You may FTP the MF files
from ymir.claremont.edu from the directory
 [anonymous.tex.mf.cm.sauter]

-dh

Fight font abuse. Delete am fonts now.

--
Important note: The Anti-Social Committee will not be meeting this
                week.