[comp.sources.wanted] Biorythm...

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (03/18/90)

Does anyone have the source to a biorythm program in C or even BASIC (any
dialect) .. I am playing with grapics under X and figured a color biorythm
would be sorta neet...

Child Mugged by Pet Clam.
 -- National Enquirer Photo Exclusive.

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) (03/20/90)

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

> Does anyone have the source to a biorythm program in C or even BASIC (any
> dialect) .. I am playing with grapics under X and figured a color biorythm
> would be sorta neet...

Well, yes, I have a simple biorythm program that I wrote some years ago
in BASIC (actually Microware Basic 09). I posted it about one or two
years ago to alt.sources. Maybe some other people are interested, too.
It is quite short, so where should I send it to ? Again to alt.sources
? BTW: the output of the program is correct, I could verify this with
other biorythms produced by other machines (including a 'professional'
one).

Cheers, Frank
---
+--------------------------------+ Darkness all around us
+--------------------------------+ Born to amplify    [Carry On - Manowar]

andy@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Andy Bond) (03/22/90)

In article <919@stasys.sta.sub.org> fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) writes:
>tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:
>
>> Does anyone have the source to a biorythm program in C or even BASIC (any
>> dialect) .. I am playing with grapics under X and figured a color biorythm
>> would be sorta neet...
>
>Well, yes, I have a simple biorythm program that I wrote some years ago
>in BASIC (actually Microware Basic 09).

I also have a simple ASCII biorhythm program which I wrote a few years
ago.  It is in C (haven't got around to translating it to BASIC :-)
and I think it produces the correct data, although I've never verified
it.  It works ok on all the *nix systems around here.

andy
--
Internet: andy@comp.vuw.ac.nz      |    Andy Bond, Dept. of Computer Science
Phone:    (04) 721-000 ext. 8144   |    Victoria University
                                   |    P.O. Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
Beauty is worse than wine; it intoxicates by the holder and the beholder

istvan@hhb.UUCP (Istvan Mohos) (03/24/90)

andy@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Andy Bond) writes:
>fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) writes:
>>tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

>>> Does anyone have the source to a biorythm program in C or even BASIC (any
>>> dialect) .. I am playing with grapics under X and figured a color biorythm
>>> would be sorta neet...

>>Well, yes, I have a simple biorythm program that I wrote some years ago
>>in BASIC (actually Microware Basic 09).

>I also have a simple ASCII biorhythm program which I wrote a few years
>ago.  It is in C (haven't got around to translating it to BASIC :-)
>and I think it produces the correct data, although I've never verified
>it.  It works ok on all the *nix systems around here.

Admit it.  We *all* have done it.  Every one of us has written our own,
perfect, and perfectly useless biorhythm program (note the correct
spelling) from scratch.  It was the right thing to do.  It was the
American|<adjective_for_your_country_here> thing to do.  It was part of
the process of growing up.  That's why I say let (HIM) write his own
program.  He'll be a better man, and a better programmer for it!    :-)
--
        Istvan Mohos
        ...uunet!pyrdc!pyrnj!hhb!istvan

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (03/24/90)

|Admit it.  We *all* have done it.  Every one of us has written our own,
|perfect, and perfectly useless biorhythm program (note the correct
|spelling) from scratch.  It was the right thing to do.  It was the
|American|<adjective_for_your_country_here> thing to do.  It was part of
|the process of growing up.  That's why I say let (HIM) write his own
|program.  He'll be a better man, and a better programmer for it!    :-)

Well I admit it, but I didn't get it right. The predictions seemed
reasonable, but a few weeks later when I found that my calculations
were buggy, I became an instant skeptic. :-)

Followups to alt.folklore-computers or sci.skeptic maybe.