[comp.sources.wanted] Looking for small FSE editor..

paul@actrix.co.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (03/26/90)

In article <8759@chaph.usc.edu> aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) writes:

>Greetings.. I am looking for a small Full Screen Editor, WYSIWYG,
>suitable for use in a bbs, or for writting/editing small files.

Me too, for same reason.  I run a Public Access UNIX system, and need
to run a secure word wrapping SMALL editor.  And yes, we're looking
at Micro-emacs, but it's NOT SECURE ENOUGH.  (Although our local emacs
hacker is working on it).

I do have stevie working (apart from a strange lock-up that occurs
when editing near the end of the file sometimes), but it doesn't
support word wrap, and is hard for novices to use (too vi-like).

One option I've looked at: Marc Rochkind's book on writing window
manager for C includes source for a small editor.  He sells the code
on disk, but it's too expensive (nearly US$1,000).
--
Paul Gillingwater, paul@actrix.co.nz