[comp.sources.wanted] XCOMM Source?

sfn20715@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (05/06/90)

Could some kind soul in netland please send me a copy of XCOMM, written
by Larry Gensch (I think that is right.)  (Featured in a recent
BYTE magazine, for those of you curious people...)
Better yet, tell me where I could get it and I'll do it myself!

Thanks.

djm@eng.umd.edu (David J. MacKenzie) (05/07/90)

In article <46100002@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> sfn20715@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> Could some kind soul in netland please send me a copy of XCOMM, written
> by Larry Gensch (I think that is right.)  (Featured in a recent
> BYTE magazine, for those of you curious people...)
> Better yet, tell me where I could get it and I'll do it myself!

I got it by email from David Fiedler, the author of the Byte column
where it was mentioned.  I have put it on uunet.uu.net as
tmp/xcomm.tar.Z (67403 bytes).  If someone who runs an archive site
would like to give it a more permanent home, feel free.  It's totally
public domain.
--
David J. MacKenzie <djm@eng.umd.edu> <djm@ai.mit.edu>

karl_kleinpaste@cis.ohio-state.edu (05/07/90)

djm@eng.umd.edu writes:
   If someone who runs an archive site
   would like to give it a more permanent home, feel free.

Xcomm has had a permanent home as archived at Ohio State
(tut.cis.ohio-state.edu, osu-cis) for a couple of years now.  There
also exists xcmalt, a more recent incantation of xcomm ("alternate
xcomm") present here as well; I got my latest copy of xcmalt from
Jean-Pierre Radley just this morning.

Via ftp:  tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub
				    /xcomm/{xcomm.tar,xcmalt/xcmalt.[1-5]}.Z
Via UUCP:                  osu-cis!~

Enjoy,
--karl