[comp.sources.wanted] Barcode Printing Software Needed

Robert_L_Armstrong@cup.portal.com (05/05/90)

  I'm looking for a program which will accept ASCII text and print
out the corresponding code11 or code39 barcodes.  The language
of the program, operating system and output format (Postscript,
HPGL, etc) are flexible, especially if the program source is
available.

Thanks,
robert_l_armstrong@cup.portal.com

zaft@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL (Gordon C Zaft) (05/07/90)

In article <29611@cup.portal.com> Robert_L_Armstrong@cup.portal.com writes:

>  I'm looking for a program which will accept ASCII text and print
>out the corresponding code11 or code39 barcodes.  The language
>of the program, operating system and output format (Postscript,
>HPGL, etc) are flexible, especially if the program source is
>available.
>
>Thanks,
>robert_l_armstrong@cup.portal.com

Along somewhat similar lines, I am interested in library routines that
I could link to a C or 8086 assembly program to print out a bar code on
demand (e.g., I pass a number to this routine, and it prints out the
corresponding bar code).

Commercial code is fine, I'm willing to pay for this (although if it's
a lot of $$, perhaps I will wait a bit -- this is not a high-priority
project).

This is for MS-DOS machines, in case I wasn't clear; the C compiler
is Microsoft.

Thanks in advance.

--
+  Gordon Zaft                        |  zaft@suned1.nswses.navy.mil         +
+  NSWSES, Code 4Y33                  |  suned1!zaft@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov      +

zvr@natasha.cs.wisc.edu (Alexios Zavras) (05/07/90)

In article <4181@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL>, zaft@suned1.Nswses.Navy.MIL
(Gordon C Zaft) writes:
> In article <29611@cup.portal.com> Robert_L_Armstrong@cup.portal.com writes:
> >
> >  I'm looking for a program which will accept ASCII text and print
> >out the corresponding code11 or code39 barcodes.  The language
> >of the program, operating system and output format (Postscript,
> >HPGL, etc) are flexible, especially if the program source is
> >available.
> >robert_l_armstrong@cup.portal.com
>
> Along somewhat similar lines, I am interested in library routines that
> I could link to a C or 8086 assembly program to print out a bar code on
> demand (e.g., I pass a number to this routine, and it prints out the
> corresponding bar code).
> +  Gordon Zaft                        |  zaft@suned1.nswses.navy.mil
      +

I have a shell script (and a PostScript prologue)
to print Universal Product Code bars.

The first lines of the script follow:
#!/bin/sh
# upc -- print upc code with PostScript
# usage:  upc prod code-5 code-5
# prod is the product type (zero for store items)
# code-5 is a five digit code (needs two of these)
#
# Copyright (C) 1986 by Pipeline Associates, Inc.
# Permission is granted to use and distribute as long as this copyright
# notice remains intact and it is distributed free of charge.

If anyone is interested, send me mail

-- zvr --
    | H eytyxia den exei enoxes |	zvr@cs.wisc.edu
    +-----------------------zvr-+	zavras@cs.wisc.edu
Live from:
Wisconsin: land of Orson Welles, Frank Lloyd Wright,
		   Harry Houdini  and Spencer Tracy
	       (of Joe McCarthy, too, but try to forget that)