[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted: Appointment manager for blind user with speech synthesiser

GMoretti@massey.ac.nz (Giovanni Moretti) (07/03/90)

I have a friend who's 90% blind and has recently bought a Toshiba laptop
with an integral speech synthesiser.

He'd like an appointment calendar, but all the usual ones are graphically
oriented with multiple windows on the screen at once.  If you can give me
any pointers to an appointment manager that uses a command line interface
or even better, one that's been designed with the blind in mind, I'd like
to hear from you.

Thanks
Giovanni

|   GIOVANNI MORETTI, Consultant     | EMail: G.Moretti@massey.ac.nz          |
|Computer Centre,  Massey University | Ph 64 63 69099 x8398, FAX 64 63 505607 |
|   Palmerston North, New Zealand    | QUITTERS NEVER WIN, WINNERS NEVER QUIT |

wtm@bunker.UUCP (Bill McGarry) (07/04/90)

In article <808@massey.ac.nz> GMoretti@massey.ac.nz (Giovanni Moretti) writes:
>I have a friend who's 90% blind and has recently bought a Toshiba laptop
>with an integral speech synthesiser.
>
>He'd like an appointment calendar, but all the usual ones are graphically
>oriented with multiple windows on the screen at once.  If you can give me
>any pointers to an appointment manager that uses a command line interface
>or even better, one that's been designed with the blind in mind, I'd like
>to hear from you.

Hi,

I'm the moderator of the misc.handicap newsgroup and the Handicap Digest
mailing list. These are both gatewayed into the ABLED and Blinktalk
Fidonet conferences.  I do not know of such a program but am taking the
liberty of posting your request in the newsgroup and mailing list.

(I do have a banking program, an address program, a contact management
system as well as other programs such as file listers that are
compatible with speech synthesizers. .  If you need anything like
this, please let me know.)

If you or your friend get any answers please let me know for future reference.

				Good luck,
				Bill McGarry
				(203) 337-1518

UUCP:       {oliveb, philabs, decvax, yale}!bunker!wtm
INTERNET:   wtm@bunker.uucp      l-hcap@vm1.nodak.edu
BITNET:     l-hcap@ndsuvm1.bitnet
Fidonet:    The Handicap News BBS (141/420)   1-203-337-1607
	    (300/1200/2400 baud, 24 hours)
Compuserve: 73170,1064