[comp.sources.wanted] Mortgage program in C

johnm@jetsun.WEITEK.COM (John Mcleod) (07/20/90)

I'm looking for a program which will calculate mortgage repayments, interest,
prepayment amounts etc... If anyone has even a skeleton of a program that
will do this, I would be interested.
Thanks in advance...

- John Mcleod

istvan@hhb.UUCP (Istvan Mohos) (07/23/90)

johnm@jetsun.WEITEK.COM (John Mcleod) writes:
>I'm looking for a program which will calculate mortgage repayments,
>interest, prepayment amounts etc...

Sometime last August, I posted the C sources of the panel calculator
"pac", in five parts to alt.sources.  Pac has subsequently been dubbed
"the ultimate on-screen calculator for UNIX", by the network monitor of
The C User's Journal (Volume 7, Number 8).  Pac has a dedicated
compound interest/mortgage payment solver subwindow (for playing the
"what if?" game), as well as a loan repayment schedule file writer.

Using interprocess pipes to "bc" as its main engine, pac successfully
ported to just about all major Unix machines, EXCEPT SunOS 3.x, due to
unfixed bugs in SunOS "curses". (Works fine on the Sparcstation1.)
E-mail me if interested and can't get the source more conveniently.
--
        Istvan Mohos
        ...uunet!pyrdc!pyrnj!hhb!istvan