[comp.sources.wanted] 551 point Adventure

talvola@amazon.Berkeley.EDU (Erik Talvola) (08/01/90)

  Does anyone have a copy of the 551 point version of Adventure that
will compile under F77?  I got the version which was up at c.scs.uiuc.edu,
but it won't compile under Unix on Sun, Vax, or a DECStation.  I don't
really know enough Fortran to get it running.  If anyone has a version
that will compile under f77 on Unix, I would appreciate hearing from
you.  (Or, if anyone wants to try, I can mail the source code to the
one I have in exchange for diffs later...)

-- Erik

sofmac@porthos.rutgers.edu (Sofus Macskassy) (08/01/90)

If anybody has the source code for that game, and would be willing to
share, I too would like to get a copy of that.   Thanks.

Sofus Macskassy
sofmac@cs.rutgers.edu

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) (08/01/90)

In article <Aug.1.10.18.48.1990.4715@porthos.rutgers.edu> sofmac@porthos.rutgers.edu (Sofus Macskassy) writes:
>If anybody has the source code for that game, and would be willing to
>share, I too would like to get a copy of that.   Thanks.
>
>Sofus Macskassy
>sofmac@cs.rutgers.edu

Well, I have looked again at the version I have. It is an awful
mess. Horrible. Terrible. An awful mishmash of Fortran 77 and Fortran 66.
It runs fine on a VAX. I am looking at possibilities for spiffing
it up. I will report on my cogitations soon. I really don't feel
like trying to actually convert it to Fortran 77 character handling,
which sucks.

Doug McDonald

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) (08/02/90)

In article <1990Aug1.151621.10758@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) writes:

>Well, I have looked again at the version
of the Adventure game 551 point version
>I have. It is an awful
>mess. Horrible. Terrible.
> I will report on my cogitations soon.

I have it partially working on my PC in 32 bit mode. Don't anybody
else start playing with it. There is hope.

Doug McDonald

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (08/05/90)

In article <26620@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, talvola@amazon.Berkeley.EDU (Erik Talvola) writes:
>   Does anyone have a copy of the 551 point version of Adventure that
> will compile under F77?  I got the version which was up at c.scs.uiuc.edu,
> but it won't compile under Unix on Sun, Vax, or a DECStation.  I don't
> really know enough Fortran to get it running.  If anyone has a version
> that will compile under f77 on Unix, I would appreciate hearing from
> you.  (Or, if anyone wants to try, I can mail the source code to the
> one I have in exchange for diffs later...)

Is that still available on c.scs.uiuc.edu or has it been removed?

-Earle

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) (08/05/90)

In article <1157.26bb4aa0@dayton.saic.com> fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) writes:
>In article <26620@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, talvola@amazon.Berkeley.EDU (Erik Talvola) writes:
>>   Does anyone have a copy of the 551 point version of Adventure that
>> will compile under F77?  I got the version which was up at c.scs.uiuc.edu,
>> but it won't compile under Unix on Sun, Vax, or a DECStation.

>Is that still available on c.scs.uiuc.edu or has it been removed?

Its been removed. I'm still looking for bugs. Found a big termite mound
of out-of-range-subscripts last night. Somebody tried yesterday's
version on a Sun and apparently the compiler choked. It runs fine one
the Vax (VMS), IBM-PC (Unix compiler), and MIPS 120.

I'm looking for a Sun 3 Fortran compiler guru to find out why it
won't work there. I have no access to the old generic Unix F77 that
seems to still be floating around places.

Doug MCDonald (mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu)