[comp.sources.wanted] Matrix mathematics package wanted

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (08/05/90)

Does anyone have a simple, free matrix manipulation package that is usable on a
tty?  My vision is something like the following: Use vi to make your matrixies
and then run the application on the file.  In other words it doesn't have to be
a fancy shell.  Just to do simple things like multiplication, transpose,
inverse etc.  I'm taking a class and it would help.

Mail me and I'll summarize if appropriate.

Ken Warner
warner@scubed.scubed.com

brister@decwrl.dec.com (James Brister) (08/07/90)

On 6 Aug 90 22:58:27 GMT,
housam@iris.ucdavis.edu (Housam) said:

> In article <343@scubed.SCUBED.COM> warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) writes:
>>Does anyone have a simple, free matrix manipulation package that is usable on a
>>tty?  My vision is something like the following: Use vi to make your matrixies
>>and then run the application on the file.  In other words it doesn't have to be
>>a fancy shell.  Just to do simple things like multiplication, transpose,
>>inverse etc.  I'm taking a class and it would help.
>>

> Try to get matematica. It corresponds exactly to your needs.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Mat[h]ematica is hardly free.

[ way too long and wide .sig deleted ]

James
--
James Brister                                           brister@decwrl.dec.com
DEC Western Software Lab.                                 .....!decwrl!brister