[comp.sources.wanted] Brief

tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon Tuck) (08/11/90)

Where is an ftp site at which  can find the source code for the brief-like
editor that is floating around?  I don't know if it is called Crisp, Grief,
or if they are separate versions.

Thanks!
	Devon
	tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu

ssdken@watson.Claremont.EDU (Ken Nelson) (08/13/90)

In article <7563@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu>, tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon
Tuck) writes:

|> Where is an ftp site at which  can find the source code for the brief-like
|> editor that is floating around?  I don't know if it is called Crisp, Grief,
|> or if they are separate versions.
|>

|> Thanks!
|> 	Devon
|> 	tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu

I believe it can be grabbed in the pd2:<unix-c.editors> directory on the
simtel20 archive:

wsmr-simtel20.army.mil        26.2.0.74       msdos, unix, cpm, mac (tenex)

				Ken Nelson
				Principal Engineer
				Software Systems Design
				3627 Padua Av.
				Claremont, CA 91711
				(714) 624-3402

tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon Tuck) (08/14/90)

In article <7563@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon Tuck) writes:

>Where is an ftp site at which  can find the source code for the brief-like
>editor that is floating around?  I don't know if it is called Crisp, Grief,
>or if they are separate versions.
>

>Thanks!
>	Devon
>	tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu

Thanks for those who responded about ftp sites for the Crisp, or "Brief"
editor.  One user passed on the following: "It was originally called grief but
renamed crisp when brief's author complained."  Three sites where I know
you can find this editor are:

uunet.uu.net
gatekeeper.dec.com
simtel20.army.mil

I have the binaries for this editor as well, and am extremely pleased with
it.  It comes up in a "line graphic bound" window on the console and looks
surprisingly clean.

Devon Tuck
tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu