[comp.sources.wanted] 2 pages/physical page in Postscript ?

tombre@crin.fr (Karl Tombre) (08/09/90)

Is there something like a program able to take a postscript file
and modify it so that 2 (logical) pages are printed on one physical
page, i.e. in landscape format, reduced fonts etc. ???

I'm thinking of some general filter which might as well be put at the
output of some dvi2ps or any other text-to-prostscript filter (program
prettyprinters especially)

Please mail me if you know of such a program. Thanks in advance,
--
Karl Tombre - INRIA Lorraine / CRIN
EMAIL : tombre@loria.crin.fr - POST : BP 239, 54506 VANDOEUVRE CEDEX, France

ed@braaten.doit.sub.org (Ed Braaten) (08/15/90)

tombre@crin.fr (Karl Tombre) writes:

>Is there something like a program able to take a postscript file
>and modify it so that 2 (logical) pages are printed on one physical
>page, i.e. in landscape format, reduced fonts etc. ???

We wrote a filter program here which takes ASCII files and prints them
in landscape mode with two logical pages per physical page.  It works
with the HP Laser Jet & Fujitsu laser printers, and with a wide-carriage
dot-matrix (C-ITOH) printer.  Other printers should be easy to add, since
the program uses tables for the escape sequences.

Sorry it doesn't handle postcript files, but maybe it would be a good
basis for such an enhancement.

If there is enough interest, maybe we can submit it to comp.sources.misc...
Please e-mail.

        Ed Braaten             |  Jesus answered,  "I am the way and the
Work: ed@imuse.de.intel.com    |  truth and the life.  No one comes to the
Home: ed@braaten.doit.sub.org  |  Father except through me."   John 14:6