[comp.sources.wanted] LINpack or EISpack

zoo@grumpy.spa.umn.edu (david d [zoo] zuhn) (08/23/90)

My employers have just decided to drop IMSL after the latest price
increases, and so they have asked me to find LINpack and/or EISpack.
I have searched the most common (to me at least) ftp sites, and gone
through the ftp list this often posted here (thanks Jon).

If anyone knows how to get {LIN,EIS}pack via ftp or e-mail, please let
me know.

Thanks.

david d [zoo] zuhn		Univ. of Minnesota Dept. of Astronomy
zoo@aps1.spa.umn.edu		Automated Plate Scanner	Project

guest@gypsy.ims.fhg.de (Troff Guest TeX Daemon) (08/23/90)

zoo@grumpy.spa.umn.edu (david d [zoo] zuhn) writes:

>My employers have just decided to drop IMSL after the latest price
>increases, and so they have asked me to find LINpack and/or EISpack.
>I have searched the most common (to me at least) ftp sites, and gone
>through the ftp list this often posted here (thanks Jon).

>If anyone knows how to get {LIN,EIS}pack via ftp or e-mail, please let
>me know.

LINpack and EISpack are available from netlib@research.att.com. That is a
mail server machine. You should get started sending a mail containing only
the word "help" in its body, or you could also send a "index" or even a
"send index from eispack" or "send index from linpack" command.

I seem to remember that research.att.com offers anonymous ftp, but I am not
sure about this.

Hope this helps!

	Goncal
	Goncal