[comp.sources.wanted] Regular expression procedure

eduardo@m2xenix.psg.com (Eduardo Salom) (08/28/90)

In article <1990Aug25.214801.12226@uwasa.fi> ts@uwasa.fi (Timo Salmi LASK) replies:
>Please, elaborate what you mean by matching strings against regular
>expressions.  It would make easier to consider whether one has anything of
>use for you.

I mean a routine like that used in the *nix system to select files:
*[a-r]* will return TRUE for any file name with a letter 'a'..'r' in it.
In some systems I have used more complex mask like {0dd|0ddd} meaning
'if there is something must be a zero followed by 2 or 3 digits'
(our long distance phone codes have that format) etc.

--
Eduardo J. Salom   |  eduardo@psg.com    ..!uunet!m2xenix!eduardo
SoftWare Plus SA   |  BIX: swp   CIS: [73000,74]  swp@dci2sp.das.net