[comp.sources.wanted] VMS TAR wanted

grubin@stout.ucar.edu (Rick Grubin) (06/30/89)

Hi,
	I hope these are the correct newsgroups to post
this request to.  I am in need of acquiring PD or
shareware (or whatever) source for the Unix tape
archiver "tar" for VMS.  In other words, I need a
program for VMS that will read Unix tar tapes.

	Please respond via email, as I am not currently
subscribed to these newsgroups.  I can anonymously
ftp, and that's it, so pointers to archives that
might have what I'm looking for are appreciated.

	Thanks in advance for any help.

---
Rick Grubin, Nat'l Center for Atmospheric Research
grubin@stout.UCAR.EDU  ...!ncar!stout!grubin

gds3939@ultb.UUCP (G.D. Schreiber) (07/03/89)

In article <3582@ncar.ucar.edu> grubin@stout.ucar.edu (Rick Grubin) writes:
[...]
>this request to.  I am in need of acquiring PD or
>shareware (or whatever) source for the Unix tape
>archiver "tar" for VMS.  In other words, I need a
>program for VMS that will read Unix tar tapes.
>
>	Please respond via email, as I am not currently
>subscribed to these newsgroups.  I can anonymously
>---
>Rick Grubin, Nat'l Center for Atmospheric Research
>grubin@stout.UCAR.EDU  ...!ncar!stout!grubin

Please post this information to the net.  It would probably be of
interest to others.  I would also be interested as it would simplify a
minor problem I'm having.  LaTeR.

---
\    {ames|columbia|cornell|harvard|rutgers}!rochester!ritcv!ultb!gds3939
 \ - gds3939@ultb.isc.rit.edu.UUCP
  \| gds3939@ritvax.BITNET
   \
Gary Schreiber	 				Kelson Alaric
241 Oakdale Dr.					Hochhouser-Schreiber
Rochester, NY 14618 				Thescorre - East Kingdom

PS - What _ME_ worry?  _YOU_ worry!!!!

schriste@uceng.UC.EDU (Steven V. Christensen) (09/11/90)

Hi,
	I'm looking for pointers to a TAR program for VMS, which
will read TK50 tapes made by ultrix.

	I can FTP, etc...

		Thanks,
		  Steven