[comp.sources.wanted] NEEDED: CCMail to SMTP Gateway

tcurrey@zach.fit.edu ( Thomas E. Currey) (09/10/90)

Hello,  (kinda of boring intro)

  Anyway,  I am in need of a CCMail to SMTP Gateway program.  The
current systems running now are:

     Machine Type:      Compaq 386
     Network Software:  Banyan Vines with CCMail

Is there a public domain/shareware version of theis software.  Any
assistance is greatly thanked.

		Thanks
		  Tom Currey
		  tcurrey@zach.fit.edu

tdoi@monsoon.Berkeley.EDU (Takeshi Doi) (09/11/90)

In article <1382@winnie.fit.edu> tcurrey@zach.fit.edu ( Thomas E. Currey) writes:
>  Anyway,  I am in need of a CCMail to SMTP Gateway program.  The
>current systems running now are:
>     Machine Type:      Compaq 386
>     Network Software:  Banyan Vines with CCMail
>Is there a public domain/shareware version of this software.  Any
>assistance is greatly thanked.
>		Thanks

Banyan (SM) mail and/or Banyan SMTP mail are the preferred eMail
products for Vines network.  I haven't heard of anything else that works
half as well.

joe@acmis.cmis.co.at (Johannes Rupp) (09/11/90)

In <1382@winnie.fit.edu> tcurrey@zach.fit.edu ( Thomas E. Currey) writes:

>Hello,  (kinda of boring intro)

>  Anyway,  I am in need of a CCMail to SMTP Gateway program.  The
>current systems running now are:

>     Machine Type:      Compaq 386
>     Network Software:  Banyan Vines with CCMail

>Is there a public domain/shareware version of theis software.  Any
>assistance is greatly thanked.

>		Thanks
>		  Tom Currey

>		  tcurrey@zach.fit.edu

As far as I know there is such a PD package available, that solves exactly
your problem. The person which wrote such a CCMail to SMTP Translator (Gateway)
is Alan Marshall at Proteon, acm@Proteon.com

Best regards,

Johannes Rupp
| CMIS Austria                |      Voice:  (++43-222) 98 109  Ext. 110 |
| NIELSEN Austria             |      Voice:  (++43-222) 98 110  Ext. 110 |
| Moeringgasse 20             |      Fax:    (++43-222) 98 110 77        |
| A-1150 Vienna, Austria      |      E-Mail: joe@acmis.cmis.co.at        |
|                             |              ...!mcsun!tuvie!acmis!joe   |

tcurrey@x102a.harris-atd.com (currey tom 76327) (09/12/90)

In article <1990Sep10.221523.19572@agate.berkeley.edu> tdoi@monsoon.Berkeley.EDU (Takeshi Doi) writes:
>In article <1382@winnie.fit.edu> tcurrey@zach.fit.edu ( Thomas E. Currey) writes:
>>  Anyway,  I am in need of a CCMail to SMTP Gateway program.  The
>>current systems running now are:
>>     Machine Type:      Compaq 386
>>     Network Software:  Banyan Vines with CCMail
>>Is there a public domain/shareware version of this software.  Any
>>assistance is greatly thanked.
>>		Thanks
>
>Banyan (SM) mail and/or Banyan SMTP mail are the preferred eMail
>products for Vines network.  I haven't heard of anything else that works
>half as well.

  I wish people would be able to learn how to handle network type mail.
  There needs to be a package for SMTP with menu abilities for people
  who can't cope with a command line.  As far as mail selection.
  I don't have a choise.  They bought CCMail for who knows why. There
 consideration for connectivity was SoftSwitch,  what a piece of junk.
 I found out that CCMail was finishing Beta test on there gateway.  So
 we should have the product soon.  Well see.

		Tom Currey
		tcurrey@x102a.ess.harris.com
		tcurrey@zach.fit.edu